- With style ClickToFocus, focus is automatically given to another window upon iconification.
- But, regarding which window will be given focus upon iconifying, the behaviour seems unpredictable to me, as described below.
- This behaviour seems to be not persistent across restarts.
- This behaviour seems confusing after a page switch.
I'm using FVWM 2.6.5.
My complete .fvwm2rc:
Code: Select all
Style * ClickToFocus
Key F2 WT N Iconify
Key F2 I N Iconify
#Key n A 4 Exec exec dmenu_run
Key t A 4 Exec exec xterm
Mouse 1 I A Iconify
With the above config, here is what I did:
- Open 3 windows
- Press F2 3 times, all 3 windows got iconified (this impiles as the current window iconifies, focus goes to the next uniconified window)
- Now I can rapidly press F2 and switch between ALL 3 windows. (6 key pressed for a full cycle)
- restart fvwm, maybe a couple of restarts, or logout and start fresh.
- Rapidly press F2, now I can only switch between 2 windows, the third window never gets deiconified.
But the above behaviour cannot be reliably reproduced.
Can anyone share some insights? Thanks!