twm's behavior

Basic FVWM questions can be asked here.
huhtikuu
Kitten
Kitten

twm's behavior

Postby huhtikuu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi,
I would like to configure my fvwm's behavior to be similar to default twm's configuration.
I'd used twm for a long time, and it became handy for me. And now I've tried fvwm- it have amusing large desktop and other good features, fvwm is very fast, and I wouldn't like to return to twm.

I've read man and use

Code: Select all

Style * ManualPlacement, NoPPosition

DestroyModuleConfig FE-StartMaximised: *
*FE-StartMaximised: Cmd Function
*FE-StartMaximised: add_window StartAppMaximised

Module FvwmEvent FE-StartMaximised

DestroyFunc StartAppMaximised
AddToFunc   StartAppMaximised
+ I ThisWindow Resize

but it is't exactly what i need. Did anybody face this problem?

twm's man says:
When new windows are created, twm will honor any size and location information requested by the user (usually through -geometry command line argument or resources for the individual applications). Otherwise, an outline of the window's default size, its titlebar, and lines dividing the window into a 3x3 grid that track the pointer are displayed. Clicking pointer Button1 will position the window at the current position and give it the default size. Pressing pointer Button2 (usually the middle pointer button) and dragging the outline will give the window its current position but allow the sides to be resized as described above. Clicking pointer Button3 (usually the right pointer button) will give the window its current position but attempt to make it long enough to touch the bottom the screen.

How can I do this? Thank you for any suggestion!

theBlackDragon
Administrator
Administrator

Re: twm's behavior

Postby theBlackDragon » Sun May 05, 2013 2:16 pm

I think I've seen similar things before, but it's been quite a while and I can't seem to find it right now, I'm sure it was on a forum though, so either here or one of the Gentoo Forums threadnaughts about Fvwm.

Also doesn't fvwm-themes have a twm theme? Maybe they have functions to emulate twm closer.

Return to “Basic questions”