Adding Thumbnails into docker (Engage) still working??

Adding Thumbnails into docker (Engage, E17-Enlightenment)

I would like to place the thumbnails that are made by Taviso’s method into the engage bar, as this was formerly done by Gulivert (milky theme)

as shown here : guistyles.com/wp-gallery/Fvw … lky-02.jpg
and here : chronomancy.free.fr/fvwm/screens … 1_0717.jpg

If you run engage, via the command :

engage -i 1 -I 1 -Z 2.3 -z 1 -G 0 -g 0 -T 0 -m 1 &

you get this :

When you run engage, via the single command :

engage &

You get this icons with a question mark

In E17 enlightenment, there is the possibility to do :
enlightenment_remote or enlightenment_eapp \ to define the
the icon which is in : ~/.e/e/applications/all
(eap type files)

I found this from Gulliver (Fvwm Mac os x milky theme) but it is apparently not working anymore (from gentoo forum) :

[code]###################################################################

Thumbnail in Engage (E17 part)

BY KarnEvil,cptmorgan and Gulivert

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=292447

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=2084007#2084007

###################################################################

DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail

• I Raise
  • I PipeRead “$[fvwm_scripts_path]/minimize/build.sh $[w.id] “$[w.name]””
  • I Iconify

DestroyFunc DeThumbnail
AddToFunc DeThumbnail

• I Iconify
  • I MoveToDesk 0 $[desk.n]
  • I Exec sleep 1.5 && rm -f $[HOME]/.e/apps/engage/launcher/$[w.id].eapp

###################################################################[/code]

with :

[code]#!/bin/sh

Thumbnail in Engage (E17 part)

By KarnEvil and cptmorgan

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=292447

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=2084007#2084007

cd ~/theme-fvwm/scripts/minimize

xwd -silent -id $1 > .temp.xwd

resolution=identify .temp.xwd | cut -d" " -f 3
width=echo $resolution | cut -dx -f1
height=echo $resolution | cut -dx -f2
if [[ $height -lt $width ]]; then
convert -resize 194x -frame 1x1 -mattecolor black -quality 0 xwd:.temp.xwd png:.temp.png
composite -geometry +0+$(((196-($height*196/$width))/2)) .temp.png transparent.png icon.png
else
convert -resize 196 -frame 1x1 -mattecolor black -quality 0 xwd:.temp.xwd png:icon.png
fi

edje_cc -id . -fd . icon.edc icon.eapp

enlightenment_eapp
icon.eapp
-set-name “$2”
-set-generic “$1”
-set-comment “$1”
-set-exe “FvwmCommand “WindowId $1 DeThumbnail””
-set-win-name “$1”
-set-win-class “$1”
-set-wait-exit “1” \

cp -f icon.eapp ~/.e/apps/engage/launcher/$1.eapp[/code]

Is this still working ?? or I am missing sthg ?

Thank you !!

Patrick

REFERENCES:
(1) forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=292447
(2) forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php? … 07#2084007

Hmm, I have some questions for you:

1. Why is it you feel the need to post your question to… at least three different forums? It makes trying to track down the potential replies almost impossible. Do you somehow think that you’re helping yourself by doing so?

2. Why did you suddenly decide to register yourself with another name? What was wrong with the old one? (Admittedly, I should never have permitted this new one of yours to be activated).

Anyhow, I would surmise that it isn’t working because, as of this post:

forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-30 … ml#3050009

I would therefore expect you to go and ask on the appropriate mailing-list (that would be the Enlightenment one), as they’re failure to clearly document their changes, is something that needs to be resolved; it’s no longer an FVWM issue.

Also, why would you want to use engage? You can more or less emulate engage’s functionality using FvwmButtons. I’d much rather I put my effort into helping you do that, than fixing other people’s bugs in applications that have nothing to do with FVWM.

– Thomas Adam

Loot of questions,
soo let’s start:

1- osted this question on my favourite forum where there is a great input/ output with very good friends & also have this question in this fvwm forum.
(why people had such thread in another forum like gentoo, … it shouldnt & cannot be forbidden …). The most important thing is the interest of the user.

2-
Concerning my second pseudo, I just registered 'cos I was very willing to post my thread (because I have today a bit of time left (not too much :frowning: )) and I have some troubles with my account. I changed the email address and there is a now a ‘bug’ when I click on the link that I received.
This will be solved soon by our great admin that I am pleased to thank. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply concerning the thumbnails …
I am looking and hope that this is will help some other folks as me, interested in such thumbnails functionality.

Thank you Thomas Adam for all the time you are spending on the boards helping people, also do not forget that some people can be very interested in learning & also newbie as I am, and very passionated by Linux world… Also, there is always a begining, please understand that linux cannot be soo easy at the begining. You too you started long time ago, and that certainly wasnt very easy at the begining some days.

Greetings,

Patrick

Providing you supply more information about it, such as what you did specifically, and the link you then followed, yes.

Whilst you are putting words in my mouth, that is something I have often mentioned here, through general discourse.

– Thomas Adam