buttons on window decor won't work

Hi

I’m just about to skip to fvwm and I am just creating an .fvwm2rc. For window decoration I picked the mech decor from fvwm-themes and I have a problem with the buttons.
When I clicl them, they only show the “clicked” effects, but nothing else happens.

I have uploaded my .fvwm dir to konsolen.org/brain-fvwm.tar.bz2

Can anyone help me out?

Did you only copy the decor? Or did you copy the entire Fvwm config file?
If you didn’t, what did you copy? Only the Decor or also the mousebindings, if you copied both, do the Functions the mousebindings point to exist?
If they don’t you’ll have to create them…

i just copied the decor and added several “read” s to the rcread $[fvwm_decor]/mech/buttons read $[fvwm_decor]/mech/colors-decor read $[fvwm_decor]/mech/menustyle read $[fvwm_decor]/mech/windowlook

The actions on your titlebar buttons are probably pointing to nonexistant functions then, search in your config files (especially those you copied) for something like this:

##Titlebars Mouse 0 1 A Popup MenuFvwmWindowOps Mouse 0 1 A Popup MenuFvwmWindowOps Mouse 1 6 A Iconify Mouse 1 4 A Maximize Mouse 1 2 A Close Mouse 1 T A MoveOrShade Mouse 4 T A WheelToggleShade true Mouse 5 T A WheelToggleShade false
and replace it with some functional stuff (or copy the functions from the config you copied from.
The general format of the mousebindings is like this:

Mouse <number> <buttonnumber> <context> <action-to-take>

Okay, I got this

Mouse 0 1 A FuncFvwmDeleteOrDestroy Mouse 1 2 A FuncFvwmMaximize Mouse 2 2 A FuncFvwmMaximizeVertically Mouse 3 2 A FuncFvwmMaximizeHorizontally Mouse 1 2 S Maximize grow grow Mouse 2 2 S Maximize 0 grow Mouse 3 2 S Maximize grow 0 Mouse 0 4 A FuncFvwmIconify Mouse 1 5 A FuncFvwmWindowOpsOrAction WindowShade MouseXX 2 3 5 A Menu MenuFvwmWindowMove MouseXX 3 2 5 A Menu MenuFvwmWindowGroupOps Mouse 0 1 CM FuncFvwmShowButtonInfo "Delete on click^nDestroy on double click" Mouse 0 2 CM FuncFvwmShowButtonInfo "Mouse 1 - Maximize:^n^tfully on click^n^tmenu on double click^nMouse 2 - Maximize vertically^nMouse 3 - Maximize horizontally^nAll with Shift - Maximize grow" Mouse 0 4 CM FuncFvwmShowButtonInfo "Iconify" Mouse 0 5 CM FuncFvwmShowButtonInfo "Mouse 1 - Window Ops menu, or WindowShade on double click^nMouse 2/3 - Move menu^nMouse 3/2 - Resource Group menu"and this[code]DestroyFunc FuncFvwmStopWindowButtons
AddToFunc FuncFvwmStopWindowButtons

• I FuncFvwmRemoveAllButtons
  • I Mouse 0 1 A -
  • I Mouse 1 2 A -
  • I Mouse 2 2 A -
  • I Mouse 3 2 A -
  • I Mouse 1 2 S -
  • I Mouse 2 2 S -
  • I Mouse 3 2 S -
  • I Mouse 0 4 A -
  • I Mouse 1 5 A -
  • I Mouse 2 5 A -