Cairo-dock and fvwm

Hi there,

I’m having troubles with Cairo-dock and fvwm. I have already submitted a bug report to Cairo-dock, but was told that “It works with other WMs, so it must somehow be fvwms fault.”
Please, would any of you have a look at the bug report and tell me what you think? Maybe someone could try and see if he can reproduce the behaviour?

Daniel

Yes – I’ll have a fix in CVS soon enough.

– Thomas Adam

Hmm, I thought there was a problem when I looked. You should be able to get around this by setting:

Style cairo-dock Unamanged

Please make sure you close the bug report you sent upstream.

– Thomas Adam

Yes, thank you! It now seems to work they way it, in my opinion, should.

Will do. I think I’ll add a remark to their Wiki for the next one that comes looking for answer.

Daniel

Unfortunately, the issue isn’t completely settled. Cairo-dock has a configuration window, whose Name, Icon Name, etc. are identical to that of the actual dock. The only meaningful difference is that the dock is of EMWH Window Type Dock, whereas the type of the configuration window is “Normal”. The result is of course, that the configuration window is also unmanaged, which is inconvenient.
I could conceivably change the Style of Cairo-dock once the dock is running. That might work, but would be an awful kludge.
Isn’t there some way to really solve this? Maybe allow the selecting of Style by EWMH Type? Or just to simply make all docks unmanaged? How do the other WMs deal with it?

Daniel