Can I put a trayer in the FvwmTaskBar?

Can I put a trayer in the FvwmTaskBar? If can ,how?
I use Swallow it doesnt work. :frowning:

OK, few things here:

What you’re asking is analogous to me asking:

“I have fork. How to put food on fork and put in mouth?”

The problem with that is:

1. The question is fucking pointless.
  2. You haven’t seen me try to show you what I might be doing wrong.
  3. You can’t even get the name of the module correct. I really do hope you mean FvwmButtons here – I had to infer this based solely on your use of “swallow”. I really do hope you’re not making up syntax to fit the functionality of FvwmButtons in FvwmTaskBar?
  4. Assuming FvwmTaskBar is a module alias for FvwmButtons, please, pleaser DON’T use this as an alias – if you were to ever launch FvwmTaskBar with no alias, the the module would try and interpret this as commands to it, and get awfully confused as it’s meant for FvwmButtons, but how is it to know?

So, let’s try and rephrase your question a little bit. I would hope it looks something like the following:

See – much nicer, isn’t it, since it describes what you’re trying to do, and more importantly, what you actually tried to do for yourself. No one is going to be able to help you with such a crappy and vague question as you currently have it, for crying out loud.

That said, I can help you. Don’t use trayer. Use “stalonetray” and then you can do something like this:

[code]DestroyModuleConfig Foo:*
*Foo: Rows 20
*Foo: Columns 2
*foo: (1x1, Swallow (Kill, Respawn) “stalonetray” “Exec exec stalonetray --options”)

Module FvwmButtons Foo
[/code]

So – question then is, if the above code snippet matches in part to your trayer version then check for a couple of things (in no particular order):

1. That the hangon name is correct. That’s the part in red above. Typically you’ll want this to be the name of the application. Use FvwmIdent to find this out if you’re in anyway unsure.

2. That the window DOESN’T have a style of Unmanaged.

3. The path to trayer is correct.

– Thomas Adam

Thank you for your answer.
I do mean “FvwmTaskBar”,And I found none ways too add a trayer in it after I googled.
Now I have to put the trayer into a FvwmButtons.
thank you afterall