Emacs major mode for Fvwm

Thanks, I totally forgot about that :blush: It’s fixed now and I’ve uploaded a new version (also of the devel version of the mode).

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Maybe this tool is useful for Emacs user too:
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el

fvwm-mode 1.6.0 has been released, you can get it here.

Changes in this version (from the release notes):
[list]
[]fixed a font-lock issue with colours inside comments, thanks to Rebecca on the FVWM Forums for pointing this out.[/:m]
[]now using pcomplete for completion resulting in much faster completion, especially on GNU Emacs < 22, XEmacs users however will still need to deal with the older completion algorithm, which is quite a bit slower than pcomplete (unless they somehow install pcomplete of course)[/:m]
[]started off writing an indentation function, very basic and buggy atm (and turned off by default).[/:m]
[]improved ‘self-documentedness’ of this mode.[/:m]
[]added new keywords introduced in FVWM 2.5.17[/:m]
[]now also hilights colour names from RGB.txt in Colorsets[/:m]
[]commented out some superfluous colour definitions[/:m][/list:u]

Enjoy!

For the emacsers among us, fvwm-mode 2.6.1 has been released.

The only functional difference with previous versions is the addition of fvwm-execute-buffer (C-c e b) so you can run an entire buffer at once. A pretty good idea from loupgaroublond (go thank him in #fvwm :wink: ).

Since we’ve been dragging up old threads anyway lately a little heads up to those interested: I’ve moved fvwm-mode to GitHub.

There’s been some changes since the last version I announced here but nothing shocking, see the NEWS file for details.

Your links are 404’s.
Have you moved those to (for example)

?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

Turns out there was a typo in the screenshot URL that’s been there since forever, I imagine. That’s now been fixed. I’ve also updated the URL where one can grab the source as the project has been hosted on GitHub for quite a while now.

Additionally Melpa is also pulling the project, so if you have Melpa configured you can just grab fvwm-mode through that as well.