FVWM-OSX_Milky

gulivert, can you tell me how i execute your pager, but in 3x1 and not in 6x2 please?

thanks.

Is it a test? wry grin

I really like the gentoo-menu you’ve made, but I can’t really seem to find out how it works! - Do you think you could give me some directions?

I’ve already made it so that I can sudo emerge, but how do you get a message thats it’s done?

thanks!

Well… Never mind - I player around for a while and suddenly figured it out

I turned out that the sudo didn’t do quite as I expected. But after that was fixed everything worked!

Has someone a backup of the config ? because the webhosting is apparently down.

I found this screenshot : guistyles.com/wp-gallery/Fvw … lky-02.jpg
Is there a config for this one too, or both, or the first one ??

Thank you very much !!

Patrick

Have you tried that one ?!
http://www.clan-hash.com/gulivert/?cat=3

Thank you !!

I found it also yesterday !! :slight_smile: Finally !
(I made a copy/archive in case its gone here: patrick295767.sitesled.com/fvwm/ … 1.2.tar.gz

So it’s indeed working but partially.
I do not have any wallpaper neither transparency neither engage…

In order to install it :
1/ I followed the comments & advices from gullivert : clan-hash.com/gulivert/?cat=3[

2/ I installed ENLIGHTENMENT on my ubuntu box
apt-get -f -y install enlightenment
apt-get -f -y install
(installation working ! :slight_smile:)

3/ then I installed the E17 ! via this script:

[code]apt-get update

apt-get -f -y install build-essential cvs libtool libltdl3-dev automake1.9 autotools-dev libpopt-dev libcurl3-dev libx11-dev x11proto-xext-dev libbz2-dev libid3tag0-dev libpng12-dev libtiff4-dev libungif4-dev libjpeg62-dev libssl-dev libfreetype6-dev bison flex xlibs-dev gettext libimlib2-dev libxml2-dev libxcursor-dev libgtk1.2-dev autoconf pkg-config libpng3-dev

apt-get -f -y install build-essential cvs libtool libltdl3-dev automake1.9 autotools-dev libpopt-dev libcurl3-dev

apt-get -f -y install libx11-dev x11proto-xext-dev libbz2-dev libid3tag0-dev libpng12-dev libtiff4-dev libungif4-dev libjpeg62-dev libssl-dev

apt-get -f -y install libfreetype6-dev bison flex xlibs-dev gettext libimlib2-dev libxml2-dev libxcursor-dev libgtk1.2-dev

apt-get -f -y install autoconf pkg-config libpng3-dev

apt-get -f -y remove automake1.4 automake1.6 automake1.8 automake1.9
apt-get -f -y install automake1.7
./easy_e17.sh -i --skip=eclair,emotion
(working without any problem)
(it’s said that e is installed into /opt/e somethgin … )

-----[/code]

A/ when I type under xterm :
/usr/bin/engage
there is no engage runned !!

B_info/
When I type in xterm

engage &
engage is runned but there is only one single icon 'Xterm ’
and the OSXdock is not there …

When I start the fvwm or englightment desktop via gdm, there is no engage.

Should I do sthg with xinitrc and xdefault ?
I also tried to copy them into ~/
and as : .xdefault and .xinitrc

but this is not helping …

What is wrong ? How to finally try this great Gulliver Configuration ??
(that I thank a lot !)

Thank you

Greetings !

I read :

Is there a way to make working again the thumbnail into engage ??

okay well for the wallpapers look in theme-fvwm/backer gulivert uses fbsetbg (which is part of fluxbox) you can replace it with “Esetroot -f”
for transparency you must activate the composite extension of X (look hear for example :
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Xorg_X11_and_Transparency#Setting_up_X_Composite_Extension)
and install xcompmgr and transset
about the thing with engage i just can say that it didn’t work for me in the past too

if you want to use the xinitrc you must start X with “startx”

Fortunately, thank you for these valuable information !!
I could have searched during long time !! :slight_smile:

I’ll try this evening, and will let know about my progress…

Patrick

If you have an chat msn messenger … or sthg into gaim, that could be useful for me to find out the way to install this theme, and learn more about fvwm (if you have one)…

Everthing works fine except thumbnailing into Engage.
(as on the screenshot here : guistyles.com/wp-gallery/Fvw … lky-02.jpg )
I get only the icon … not the thumbnail …
hmmm

Greetz !!
(fbset… works too for the wallpaper)

===
I 'll make a HowTo Script once I am done with thumbnailing …

I all,

Hmm I go back in Fvwm, and I tested the last engage with the script for creat a thumbnail.

Don’t work now, because the configuration of engage changed. I checked and I modified the script for run thumbnail in engage. I have one problem, the new version of engage don’t post new icons in live. I must restart engage for see the new icons, it’s a big problem. I search a solution …

Thank you Gullivert !!

I worked a lot to understand a bit more linux since some time.

Now everthg works fine with fvwm (but our engage problem mini icons) ! (I made an automatic script to install/configure the linux box to ease new users: patrick295767.sitesled.com/fvwm/ … llfvwm.htm ,
which might be helping to make the wallpaper working for your config for new fvwm/linux incomers).

Have a good day Gullivert !!

And could we make use of alltray maybe ?

alltray -l -i myimagepng.png xmms &
alltray.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
exmaple:alltray --borderless “gnome-terminal --window-with-profile=bg --geometry 120x25-170-300 --zoom 0.9”

Greetings !

Why? If you wanted to do that, just create a list of packages and shunt them to apt-get directly. Note that your script does some very nasty things:

Firstly, the use of root is a little troubling. Secondly, you’re circumbventing the package manager by downloading programs that already exist in the repository for some reason I can’t understand. If you feel the need to do that then at least put the packages on hold thereafter:

echo some_package hold | sudo dpkg --set-selections

And perhaps instead of relying on the source going to /usr/local/, perhaps use checkinstall(1), but again, I see no reason why you would want to do this when they’re aleady in the repository.

(You seem to install checkinstall, but never use it.)

Thirdly, what in all that is Holy makes you think you need to set permissions of 777 on these config files. NOTHING should ever use these permissions, (save for symlinks, but their special). Since they’re in a user’s config they should be 600.

I do not know why you’re using ‘-f’ to apt-get and neither do I understand why you think you need to keep calling apt-get repeatedly, when it will accept multiple package names on one line, greatly speeding things up.

– Thomas Adam

Could someone please post a working link for the archive?

Look in the Screenshots & config section, there is a post titled “Some configs” by DidgeryDude, it is a lisk of many configs, with screenshots and download links, you might have some luck.

This one is nice example of mac theme. chwombat.net/gallery2/776-1/09-03-2005.png
Note the engage type mini screenshots .