Icons don't appear at start

Hi, when i start fvwm the icons in my fvwmbuttons modules don’t appear, they are in .png format, when i restart fvwm then they appear, is it something in my .fvwm2rc config file or a bug of fvwm?

It might be the manner you load your FvwmButtons module (i.e. on Restart, as opposed to Init). If fvwm logs to ~/.xsession-errors, it would be worth looking there. Failing that, post your config file somewhere for us to take a look at.

– Thomas Adam

Is your ImagePath command below the module command the brings FvwmButtons?

A nice idea, but the order of one’s fvwm2rc file can be just that – in any order. Putting the ImagePath before or after a Module call, makes no odds.

– Thomas Adam

Hi, thanks for answering me, here’s the part of my config about the fvwmbuttons

[code]AddToFunc StartFunction

• I Module FvwmButtons -g 300x60+5+5 FvwmDock

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmDock: *
*FvwmDock: Rows 2
*FvwmDock: Frame 0
*FvwmDock: Columns 10
*FvwmDock: Colorset 30

*FvwmDock: (5x2, Icon $[fvwm_img]/dock/firefox_big.png, ActionOnPress, Action(Mouse 1) DockLaunch "firefox" $left $top, Action(Mouse 3) Next (firefox) Popup MenuFvwmWindowOps Rectangle +$left+$top 0 -100m)
*FvwmDock: (5x2, Icon $[fvwm_img]/dock/term-grande.png, ActionOnPress, Action(Mouse 1) Exec Eterm)
*FvwmDock: (5x2, Icon $[fvwm_img]/dock/control-center2.png, ActionOnPress, Action(Mouse 1) Exec gnome-system-monitor)
*FvwmDock: (5x2, Icon $[fvwm_img]/dock/gnome-audio2.png, ActionOnPress, Action(Mouse 1) DockLaunch xmms +$left +$top, Action(Mouse 3) Menu MenuMultimedia Rectangle +$left+$top 0 -100m)
*FvwmDock: (5x2, Icon $[fvwm_img]/icons/azureus.png, ActionOnPress, Action(Mouse 1) Exec /opt/azureus/azureus)
DestroyFunc DockLaunch

AddToFunc DockLaunch

• C Any ($1) Next ($1) WindowListFunc
  • C TestRc (NoMatch) Exec $0
  • H Any ($1) WindowList ($1) Rectangle +$2+$3 0 -100m CurrentAtEnd UseListSkip SortByClass NoCurrentDeskTitle

ImagePath $[fvwm_icon]+
[/code]

For the images i use another path no the one in the ImagePath part could that be the problem?

That config looked OK. I’d be inclined to add the path of these other images to the ImagePath for now, to see.

– Thomas Adam