Mac OS X Alt+Tab behaviour

I’m new to fvwm and am trying to get everything the way I like it. Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section or if this has already been asked and answered in these forus, I couldn’t find it.

I want to have Alt+Tab and Alt+ functionality similar to OS X. Specifically I want Alt+Tab to show a row of icons, each representing all instances of an app (releasing over an icon causes all instances of that app to be raised) and Alt+ to show a list of all the instances of the currently focused app.

Thanks very much,
Aaron

Look on these forums for ‘FvwmExpose’ – you’ll want to adapt that to do what you want.

– Thomas Adam

I’m sorry, but I don’t see how this is easily modified for my use. Taviso’s code thumbnails all the open windows and displays them for easy switching, much like OS X’s expose function. This is not what I want.

I want something very similar to the current WindowList functionality without any text, except that, when there is more than one terminal (for example) window open, I want just one icon to appear in the list.

If you know Perl, you may add such option to FvwmWindowMenu. This module needs a good maintainer, it is not ready yet. There were plans to add grouping of windows (using submenus). Actually, it was even planned to have a gtk support in this module (to open a row of icons, with custom action on circulation, exactly like you want), but this is not implemented, i.e.:

FvwmWindowModule -g
SendToModule FvwmWindowModule ShowBar

This is somewhat possible:

Current WindowList ($[w.resource])