PrintInfo: command not found

Good evening,

I am trying to track down an error that I see in my .xsession-errors file regarding missing font charsets ( [FlocaleGetFontSet]: (-adobe-helvetica-medium-r---12-------*) Missing font charsets: ISO8859-3, ISO8859-4, ISO8859-5, KOI8-R, ISO8859-7, ISO8859-9, ISO8859-13, ISO8859-14, JISX0208.1983-0, KSC5601.1987-0, GB2312.1980-0, JISX0201.1976-0)

I have seen many references to using the output of “PrintInfo Locale 2” as a start towards troubleshooting this error, and there are even references to using PrintInfo in the Fvwm Man Page. However, nowhere have I found a clue as to how to invoke this command to get useful output. Trying to run it from an XTerm shell produces the “command not found” message, and I am unable to find a PrintInfo command anywhere on my system. I guess I must be the only person in the world that lacks the knowledge of how to invoke this command.

Would someone be kind enough to give me instructions on how to use the PrintInfo command?

Thanks,
Nelson

It’s an Fvwm command, you should run it from FvwmConsole it will then put it’s output in the default location for Fvwm, usually ~/.xsession-errors.

Aha! That worked exactly as described, and now I have some additional information to wade through. I figured it was supposed to be run from FvwmConsole, but had no idea the output went to ~/.xsession-errors. One more nice tidbit if information. I was grepping the missing font charset line out because VLC puts a bunch of output into the same file, so that is why I didn’t realize the output I wanted was there as well. Thank you very much!

If you don’t mind, is that by chance documented somewhere? I did spend about two hours trying to find that information, but my search was at the end of a tiring day and I could have very easily missed it.

Again, thanks.
Nelson

“man fvwm”.

Really. It’s in there.

– Thomas Adam