[solved]Change pager only when moving window

Change pager only when moving window

I set as :
EdgeThickness 0
EdgeResistance 100000 0
EdgeScroll 100 100
DeskTopSize 2x2

I would like that the screen go to the next pager when I keep moving the window out of hte screen (right, left or up or down) And that when I work (without moving windows) I stay into the same pager (as mentioned by EdgeThickness 0)

(When not moving the windows, I would like of course to stay in my same pager (as mentioned in the EdgeThickness 2))

Is it possible with fvwm ??

I have to make a choice I guess …

Thank you for your help,

Patrick

I think I want the same thing you do. I can pageflip when moving a window, but not with just the pointer.

# do not flip pages, but allow dragging windows across pages
EdgeResistance 0 25
EdgeScroll 0 0
# a very interesting thing about edges: they're technically the root window
# this means there is always a thin strip of root window around the edges, 
# so you can access root window bindings even with a maximized window
EdgeThickness 1

If you are to have any kind of page scrolling you must not have EdgeThickness 0 or EdgeResistance >10000 n. Both these disable any scrolling what so ever. The simplest thing you can do is to use

EdgeScroll 0 0

That makes moving windows cross pages move the viewport full pages. If you want any other than 100 100 motion you need to disable the individual edges for scrolling:

EdgeThickness 1
EdgeResistance 0 0
EdgeScroll 10 10
EdgeCommand N Nop
EdgeCommand E Nop
EdgeCommand S Nop
EdgeCommand W Nop

Thank you very much !!

EdgeThickness 1 EdgeResistance 0 0 EdgeScroll 10 10 EdgeCommand N Nop EdgeCommand E Nop EdgeCommand S Nop EdgeCommand W Nop It worked great.

Indeed everythg is possible with fvwm !
(metisse looks very nice :http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/screenshots/metisse/metisse.avi)

Greetigns & Have a good day !