T[ea]sting SVG

In case someone cares, I have fully switched my theme to svg.

Nice thing that my theme is now around 500kb, 320kb compressed in bzip2. And the whole flatsvg icon theme is downloadable from kde-look.org and it’s just 2mb. Amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

It features icon zooming on hover and pressed effect (just move the icon +2+2 when the mouse is clicked over it). FvwmIconMan also plays nicely with the icons if you set the style for each individual application. WindowListSkip and the pager works out of the box with the svg stuff.

Linky:
pinkroom.pitufolandia.es/public/ … eb.tar.bz2

When the next version of CVS gets released as an Unstable one, yes. Until then, no.

– Thomas Adam

I just tried out a recent snapshot with SVG support. I like it. I like it a lot. I’m going to drop the eye candy menu transluceny (patch wouldn’t apply cleanly) and keep the SVG.

For a pseudo-hover animation, I have the icons reduce the size. I don’t really like the OS X get bigger approach, but reducing the size on hover is a nice touch when mousing through a row of icons.

Thank you 6thpink for mentioning this on the forums! Also, the links you’ve provided aren’t resolving an IP from the specified host name. Or maybe it’s just a bad day for me to be following links; swimmer posted a link to a page that references kde-look for some reinhardt icons, but I had to fish them out of the internet archive…

Can you provide some details, including where you got the patch from?

– Thomas Adam

The patch for 2.6.18/19 (i think) does not work with current cvs, some structures changed.

The current patch in my cvs overlay tarball for gentoo does work ok. Not that I care much, really, I don’t use transparencies.

jesgue.homelinux.org/fvwm-files/ … ay.tar.bz2

If you don’t use gentoo, you can still find the patch in that tarball and use it manually. It is into x11-wm/fvwm/files

I tried the fvwm-2.5.18-translucent-menus.diff.gz that was still in my /usr/portage/distfiles. I didn’t expect it to work.

I think I’ll try the patch 6thpink pointed to, but probably not until Monday.

If you use gentoo you can use the overlay instead of manually patching the sources. That previous link is to a tarball holding the overlay ebuild and stuff for fvwm. Just untar it into your portage overlay directory. Every single patch is controlled via a USE flag, so, only the patches you need are applied, you can disable them all, as well.

There is also a thread in the gentoo linux forums about this ebuild: forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-46 … ight-.html

Whoa! I have to really see who checked it in since i have was speaking about this not so sometime ago. The idea was to redo the current wm-icons sets as svg. Any interest for that kind of thing? I do believe that atleast the infox set could be pretty cool as svg. Gant may be tricky anyone to make, but doable IMO