TaskBar-Elements with fixed width

hi there,

i am using a modified version of taviso’s config (dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm2rc.html)

right now a FvwmIconMan gets swallowd by a FvwmBar. but the tasks always get sized over the whole width of the bar. how can i get a fixed width for each task. something this: fvwm.org/screenshots/desktop … enshot.jpg

i tried to let a FvwmTaskBar get swallowed by a FvwmBar (modified this config: fvwm.org/screenshots/desktop … 864/fvwmrc)

but here is the problem that the FvwmTaskBar seems to get started twice. one swallowed by the FvwmBar and the other in an extra window.

any ideas or help. thanks in advance,

homry

[quote=“homry”]

right now a FvwmIconMan gets swallowd by a FvwmBar. but the tasks always get
sized over the whole width of the bar. how can i get a fixed width for each
task. something this:
fvwm.org/screenshots/desktop … enshot.jpg[/code]

You want to use FvwmIconMan, and probably want to set:

*FvwmIconMan: MaxButtonWidth width
*FvwmIconMan: MaxButtonWidthByColumns width

If you search these forums, you’ll find a fair amount of information about
FvwmIconMan.

– Thomas Adam

thanks for your reply.

that makes no difference. i already had

*FvwmIconMan: MaxButtonWidth width in my config. adding the second line makes no difference. the whole bar gets divided up by the amount of tasks. if i only have one task, it gets stretched all over the complete width of the bar. if i got 10 tasks, they get pretty small. what i would like to have would be tasks with a fixed width.

i will do that. thanks for the help.

homry

If I am correct these options were added relatively recently to Fvwm, so if you’re not running the latest 2.5 series version it might just not be recognized.

As a sidenote to all who read this: we’ll always assume you’re using the latest release unless told otherwise, so if something doesn’t work, first and foremost check your Fvwm version :slight_smile:

Well, I know that it’s something I will assume, unless told otherwise. Of
course, the posting guidelines to these forums do request that when asking a
question, that the poster does state their FVWM version… :slight_smile:

– Thomas Adam

i am running version 2.5.12

homry

\edit: due to that info (viewtopic.php?t=624) i am just emerging fvwm 2.5.14

\edit2: it is working very good :slight_smile:. thanks for the help