Three questions about borders, corners and apps "style"

Hello everyone! I’m working on my first fvwm config and I did most of the things I wanted to do, but… I have three questions and I cannot find answers googling or searching the forum, so…

1. I’m using RoundedCorners patch and it’s working perfectly, except for menus (but I’m sure menus corners can be rounded, I’ve seen it here). Maybe some other setting may interfere whit RoundedCorners? Or maybe menus has to be set in some other way? Or maybe I have to install/patch something else? I have tryed the config of the link I’ve posted but that one doesn’t work too.

2. Is it possible to have a sort of double border as window decoration? I’ve read about MultiBorder, or pixmap, but I’m not sure that’s what I need and, most important, I haven’t found any example code to try. You can see my actual borders in the screenshot below, but I would like to set them like in this one.

3. Can I set the look of every application to be the same? As you can see in the screenshot below, some apps have a sort of default window style (gray and square), while kde apps have the style I set for them using kde config tools (lighter gray and more smooth).

Any help (a code snippet, an rtfm whit a link, some better keywords for search, a pat on the back…) would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Just use a shaped colorset.

No.

Nothing to do with FVWM – that comes down to the widget set the application uses. If it’s GTK, find a theme which suits. Likewise for QT.

– Thomas Adam

Wow… fast. °__°

I will search about those shaped colorsets. It’s a pity for the borders but I like them this way too, so… I’ll not die for this. :wink:

I supposed that window style was depending by gtk and qt settings but I was not sure, because I’ve noticed that using xfce all windows had the same style but well… I’ll go search some matching themes.

Thanks thomasadam for your fast and helpful reply. :slight_smile:

They weren’t hard questions.

They can’t apply to borders, no. They can apply to FvwmButtons though.

That’s because XFCE is written in GTK.

– Thomas Adam

And should you ask, you’ll want a colorset defined like this for the menus:

Colorset 5  fg foo, bg bar, \
Shape  $[FVWM_USERDIR]/menu.xpm, RootTransparent buffer, Tint black 90

The important thing to note from this is the path to the transparent .xpm which is applied to the menu – the rest of it is up to you to define.

– Thomas Adam