Window placement in case of a EWMHBaseStruts

Hi

I setup some EWMHBaseStruts in my config, there is a shrink of the screen at the bottom. Quite normal I think!

I use torsmo in the bottom left corner. I want it to be sticky at the bottom of the screeen and then ignore the EWMHBaseStruts. I tried unsuccessfully the EWMHPlacementIgnoreWorkingArea option as a style for torsmo in my config.

Well I do not know how to get torsmo ignoring the EWMHBaseStruts.

Best regards, Brice

Bad news – it seems torsmo is not EWMH-aware – at least xprop(1) doesn’t list any such properties for it.

– Thomas Adam

If you’re launching torsmo from inside FVWM then you can just set EWMHBaseStruts to 0 0 0 0, run torsmo, then reset EWMHBaseStruts. Once it’s turned on torsmo will stay put in the place it was first drawn.

Oh shit!!!

bad news…

I think I have the same problem with openoffice.org : when I display a pps file for example and want to have a full-screen view, I can’t get it for some reason.

Does someone have te same problem with OOo???

Best regards, Brice

OK

some more details! the window of openoffice in question as a EWMH Init State equal to fullscreen (this is the slide show window of ooimpress).

But when this one starts, it isn’t in fullscreen, it has the size of the ooimpress window.

There is a mistake in my config I think because I hadn’t that some weeks ago but I don’t find the problem!! can someone help??

Best Regards

Brice

It’s a known issue – esssentially what fixes it for me (and others) is to maximize the OOimpress window, then from within OOimpress tell it to go fullscreen, and then start the presentation.

– Thomas Adam

OK

thanks for the information! Did someone report this problem to OOo or to fvwm? that would be a good thing to see that fixed!!

Brice

Many times, yes. You just have to search the mailing-list archives to realise that.

– Thomas Adam

Hi

looking at the debian bug tracking system, I found out a workaround to get real fullscreened OOo presentation. Use simply:

Style OpenOffice* NoFuncHint

see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=306991

Brice