2 functions in 1?

How to execute two or more functions with one line?

DestroyFunc Grid00
AddToFunc Grid00
+ I Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/7Modules/VDesk/Page00panel.conf

DestroyFunc Grid10
AddToFunc Grid10
+ I Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/7Modules/VDesk/Page10panel.conf

This does not work: PipeRead "echo Grid00 && Grid10" it executes only Grid00. Main purpose is to read Page00panel.conf and Page10panel.conf in a sequence, not to merge.

Fvwm runs one command per line in a config file (it isn’t like a shell, it is like a configuration file, and so each command/function/etc needs to be on its own line). So any script that outputs configuration has to do so in the syntax Fvwm understands, and that is one command per line.

If you really wanted to just run those form PipeRead on a single line, make the output use multiple lines:

PipeRead "echo -e 'Grid00\nGrid10'"

Though I don’t know why you are wanting to do this from PipeRead, if you are inside another function you could do:

DestroyFunc GridCombo
AddToFunc GridCombo
+ I Grid00
+ I Grid10

Then just run the GridCombo function. If you are calling this from inside another function, just use multiple lines and call each function on one line.

Noting happens. GridCombo supposed to do the job but doesn’t do well when GoToPage is included in both configs. For some “strange” reason, GoToPage prioritizes the sequence. For example in the below config, goes to Page 0 0, next to Page 1 0, and then executes the two configs into page 1 0.

DestroyFunc 22Grid
AddToFunc 22Grid
+ I GoToPage 0 0
+ I GoToPage 1 0

22Grid

The idea is to add one button on each page (DesktopSize “2x2”) before using the desk.

I was suggested to use FvwmEvent, it is too complex. Aiming to have simple and basic commands in all configs for new fvwm users. Not to add new modules if not necessary.

This totally sounds like an XY problem. Why not use the StartsOnPage style if you want to start an application on a specific page? From the fvwm manage.

StartsOnPage in conjunction with SkipMapping is a useful technique when
you want to start an app on some other page and continue with what you
were doing, rather than waiting for it to appear.

Thanks @somiaj. Does the job without adding PageToGo in configs.

DestroyFunc Grid00
AddToFunc Grid00

DestroyFunc Grid10
AddToFunc Grid10

Style Grid00* SkipMapping, StartsOnPage 0 0
Style Grid10* SkipMapping, StartsOnPage 1 0

Grid00
Grid10

What four configs are creating, is a grid. Shows the user when crossing the border line of one page to another. For my information, if I remember correctly, in Fvwm1 there is a grid which can be activated?