Change the style of the current window

Hi all,

I would like to have the possibility to turn off the decorations of the current window, i.e. something like

Style (ThisWindow) NoTitle, BorderWidth 0, NoHandles

in pseudocode, which I can put into a function or use directly as a command for a menu entry.

I cannot figure out how to do this and I could not find a solution anywhere (sorry if it’s been asked before).

Greetings
Kalidor

WindowStyle !Title, !Handles, BorderWidth 0, HandleWidth 0

It’s been asked many times before, yes.

– Thomas Adam

Wow, quick answer, thank you.

It doesn’t work, however. Doesn’t have any effect at all. Is there anything else I might be doing wrong?

I suppose that

FvwmCommand "WindowStyle NoTitle, NoHandles, BorderWidth 0, HandleWidth 0"

entered in a (focused) terminal should have the desired effect on that window, right? (The !-syntax doesn’t work here with v2.4.20.)

Kalidor

What you’re doing wrong is you’re not using FVWM 2.5.26. Use that. Oh, and quite why you’re using FvwmCommand is beyond me. See FvwmConsole.

– Thomas Adam

Well ok, I see. Up to now I was quite content with the stable version, so I stayed with that.

Thanks again.
Kalidor

That’s fine, but my telling you to use 2.5.26 is a good thing. Despite its name, it’s not unstable as in “crashes a lot”. Almost all of the configs you’ll see assume 2.5.X is in use and as you have already seen, 2.4.X doesn’t have a lot of features 2.5.X does.

– Thomas Adam