Current desktop number

[color=blue]–> Edit: ThomasAdam (20050215)

Moved from FvwmScript to Basic Questions.[/color]

Hello ! i’m making a script that set a wallpaper in the current desktop but i don’t if exist a command for this accion??
:wink:

You can use the FvwmBacker module for this:

*FvwmBacker: Command (Desk <number>, Page *) some_command

See man FvwmBacker for more details.

– Thomas Adam.

or use FvwmEvent with something like:

*FvwmEvent: Cmd Function
*FvwmEvent: new_desk DesktopChangeFunc
*FvwmEvent: new_page PageChangeFunc

and then fill Desktop|PageChangeFunc to your needs.

mmm… does FvwmBacker respond to SendToModule commands? I couldn’t get that to work before but I’m beginning to think that I must have tried that late at night or something.

Otherwise you’d have to stop and start the backer again to get the module to take notice.

K-R1pp3r
There’s also Exec exec fvwm-root --retain-pixmap wallpaper.png
That works without changing desktop, but you’ll find that FvwmBacker undoes the change when you switch desks and switch back. If it’s running that is

:smiley: thanks!! the idea is make a script for nautilus, and the image selected from this scirpt go to the current desktop as permanent wallpaper. So i can change any background for any desktop.

sorry if my inglish is not good :cry:

It’s no worse than mine, given the number of typong errrors I tend to make :smiley:

Oh - and I did try SendToModule on FvwmBacker. No effect at all. And chaning the background colorset didn’t have any effect on the backdrop either.

So it looks like the fvwm-root is the only way to change the backdrop without restarting the module. (I’m not even sure if that works, but it was getting late again when I tried these…)

:unamused: Thanks, your answers are great, but i realy want find a command that set a image as wallpaper ,sending the number of the current desktop as parameter.
some like this for example
“FvwmBacker: Command (Desk , Page *) fbsetbg -f $NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_FILE_PATHS”

Where “(Desk , Page *)” are the current desktop page!..

i don’t know you understand me whit this…

i try to make this script for the nautilus and the wallpaper menu of fvwm.
this last is more easy modified the wallpaper menu script but, i fighting whit this… :angry: