Cygwin

I suppose this belongs under installation as much as it does anywhere else…

Has anyone used FVWM under Cygwin? I’ve got my hands on such a setup for the next couple of days (just using Linux is not, alas, an option) and I’ve been trying to get a config sorted out.

My biggest problem is that I can’t get the menu to bind to a mouse key. Any mouse key. I can get the menu with F1 over the root window, or by typoing the command in the consol, but not from the mouse.

FVWM version is 2.4.7 - not entirely up to date, but on cygwin I’m happy to have it at all. Well, I would be. If it was to work, that is…

Odd, Cygwin doesn’t do anything “special” with regards to the mouse and bindings – and Fvwm doesn’t care whether it is running under cygwin or any normal X11 server for that matter. Get fvwm to log to a file, and see if it says anything when you try and create a mouse binding.

– Thomas Adam

not that I can see.

[FVWM][Echo]: ### Pager Begin [FVWM][Echo]: ### Pager End [FVWM][Echo]: ### Task Bar Start [FVWM][Echo]: ### Task Bar End [FVWM][Echo]: ### Task Bar Style Start [FVWM][Echo]: ### Task Bar Style End [GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font xft:Utopia:style=Regular, trying 'fixed' Xlib: extension "MIT-SHM" missing on display ":0.0". wmsetbg warning: /cygdrive/d/EDIScripts/.fvwm/flourescence.jpg:could not find image file used in texture [GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font xft:Utopia:style=Regular, trying 'fixed' [GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font xft:Utopia:style=Regular, trying 'fixed' [GetFontOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get font xft:Utopia:style=Regular, trying 'fixed'
This was a cut down version of the config I’ve been building in the config from scratch posts. Where “cut down” means “anything that causes an error removed”.

I’ve tried with no explicit binding commands, and with explict binds

Mouse 1 A N Menu MenuFvwmRoot

My best guess is that it’s something to do with the way I started XWin.exe - with no arguments. Rootless doesn’t give me a root window to click on in the first place multiwindows uses the xwin internal manager. But I’ve not had much time to play with the setup yet