Docker/systray trouble

Hey fvwm friends!
I’m building my own configuration and have come a long way. One problem I’m having a hard time with is the systray/docker/notification area.

I’ve tried peksystray and docker. I’d rather use docker, it always worked nice for me in Openbox.
However, I can’t get it to work with fvwm. If I just run it from the command line it does start, but my Gaim docking icon won’t appear.

So I tried peksystray. It worked, but it isn’t as dynamic as docker. I can’t get it to hide and just take as much space as it needs. When it starts it just makes space for 3 icons, that’s it.

I don’t want to swallow the systray in any other window. I want it to stand alone in my aqua/transparant-like desktop. Does anyone have a clue/idea for me?

I use peksystray for that purpose, I estimated how much space (tray icons) it would need to contain and made it wide enough to contain them all.

This is how I do it:

*FvwmIconBox: (4x1, Swallow peksystray, 'Exec exec peksystray --icon-size 24 --border 1')

with FvwmIconBox being an FvwmButtons instance.

That is a sollution, but not to my problem :slight_smile:
I don’t want to embed my systray into something else. I want my systray to stand alone.

Do you know the behaviour of docker? Docker resizes as new icons are placed in the tray. I can make docker disappear and reappear when I hover around it.
I don’t need my systray to disappear, I can do without. But I would like it to be able to resize, otherwise I could just use peksystray.

Anyone got a solution?

I wouldn’t know of any program that does exactly that, unless you’re willing to use some kind of panel, but that would be overkill for your purposes…

Sorry, besides that I have no ideas… :frowning:

peksystray does not take amsn (why?)… and docker?