eeepc config

config for my eee pc.

screenshot: dayv.ca/fvwm/screen3.png
all the files can be found at dayv.ca/fvwm/

more info at forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=78043

Thanks to stonehenge. This config is heavily based on clean and green.

That is VERY cool! I can’t wait to get my eee pc. What distro are you useing?

Yes it’s pretty cool but I’m surprised.
I think thumbnails take too much space on the screen (and it makes you waiting roughly 0.1-0.5 second (eternity) more than a “normal iconify”)

You show your menus and thumbnails but nothing connected with the 800*480 screen.
So, I’ve few questions for you :slight_smile:
Do you always use the maximize function ? Have you got window decoration, if yes, how much place does it take ?
How do you switch between your applications ? (Classic Alt+tab ? FvwmProxy ? Using some function in a menu ?)

Edit : And, The question : Are you satisfied by the eee ? :stuck_out_tongue:

That can be worked around by using Piperead only when strictly necesary, for example:

DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail
+ I Raise
+ I ThisWindow (!Iconic) SetEnv Icon-$[w.id] $[w.iconfile]
+ I ThisWindow (!Shaded, Iconifiable, !Iconic) Piperead \
        "xwd -silent -id $[w.id] > $[FVWM_USERDIR]/tmp/icon.tmp.$[w.id].xwd"
+ I Iconify
+ I Exec convert $[FVWM_USERDIR]/tmp/icon.tmp.$[w.id].xwd -scale 128 -frame 1x1 \
        -mattecolor black -quality 0 png:$[FVWM_USERDIR]/tmp/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png && \
        FvwmCommand "WindowId $[w.id] WindowStyle IconOverride, Icon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/tmp/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png"

This requires that the FvwmCommand module is loaded, of course. It will iconify the application quickly, and change the icon afterwards, when it is ready, without grabbing the server while doing the transformations.