Focusing the Firefox save-as dialog

Is there a way to make sure that every new window gets focus? I have

Style * ClickToFocus Style * FPGrabFocus, FPReleaseFocus Style * FPGrabFocusTransient, FPReleaseFocusTransient
but when I for example download a file in Firefox, the second dialog, Save As, doesn’t get focus.

That will work fine – check you’ve got no other conflicting style lines. Perhaps upload your entire config somewhere for me to check.

– Thomas Adam

Firefox will still act this way with an fvwm2rc consisting only of these three lines.

On my system at least…

Not on mine, which is correct – the style lines are doing everything as I would expect. Which leads me to wonder:

What version of FVWM you’re using.
And possibly what version of FF you’re using, not that it makes any difference really.

– Thomas Adam

Ah, I use firefox’s own file picker. Perhaps it’s just a bug in the file picker then.

fvwm --version:

fvwm 2.5.18 compiled on May 26 2007 at 17:35:13 with support for: ReadLine, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM, XRender, XFT
emerge -pv fvwm:

x11-wm/fvwm-2.5.18-r1  USE="gtk perl png readline truetype -bidi -debug -imlib -nls -rplay -stroke -tk -xinerama"

emerge -pv mozilla-firefox:

www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.4  USE="filepicker java moznopango -bindist -debug -gnome -ipv6 -mozdevelop -restrict-javascript -xforms -xinerama -xprint"

Well, why aren’t you using 2.5.21? And, what does the output from xprop(1) tell you about this file picker?

– Thomas Adam

2.5.18 is the latest version marked stable on gentoo. I tried it on a snapshot (2007-07-02); problem persistent.

Here is the output of xprop in the given situation: http://pastebin.ca/611388