This idea to combine Xfce with Fvwm I found in Linux Questions discussions. An old topic (2008), a common practice in the mid-20s to merge WMs. Xfce is an excellent application manager and by merging it with the best window/virtual manager Fvwm, the result is light with unlimited functionalities.
This is how it looks:
Xfce panel 1 (taskbar), panel 2 (app icons), and whisker menu. Visible Fvwm extensions (left to right):
- Fvwm OverView button of current windows.
- Menu for system tasks and wallpapers.
- Thin window title bar.
- Window manager bar to resize, move, tiling, etc.
- CurW/AllW - List of windows on current and all desk pages.
- VM Desk - Virtual Window Manager 2x2 Pages.
- Thumbnails of iconified windows (terminal and thunar).
- 1x5 Miniature view of desktops.
- Calendar, time, and date button.
- Extract and copy subfolders to ~/.fvwm
- Copy ~/.fvwm/setup/autostart/XfceFvwm.desktop to .config/autostart/
or add this file and content to .config/autostart/XfceFvwm.desktop
[Desktop Entry] Exec=fvwm3 --replace Exec=fvwm --replace
- Load Xfce.