Fvwm-KISe

If you have installed Fvwm3 (or Fvwm2), add the config in your user folder .fvwm/. In MyExt and Fvwm-KISe, the config file is split into individual scripts that make it easier to manage and add new functions and modules.

I suggest trying Fvwm-KISe with 24 ready-made scripts which is a simplified version of MyExt. Download the zip file here and extract the content into .fvwm. And restart or reload Fvwm.

1 Like

What exactly does the zip file contains ? Shall i add scripts on my home directory or elsewhere ?

Check the two screenshots by @rasat a few days earlier… StartUp Desk and Work Desk.

When you load Fvwm, it creates one hidden directory .fvwm in home directory. Extract the zip in this directory.
Read the INSTALL.md in /setup directory.

1 Like

It will be added in next update. The hide script (extension) is based on Wiki Tips AutoHidingWindows.. It is easy to hide panels and docks by moving mouse cursor over the item.

This help screenshot gives an overview of zip content. All scripts (individual small configs) are original Fvwm. This image doesn’t include the new Work Desk modules. Will be in next update.

Fvwm-KISe-v1.1.0-help-tmb

1 Like

can i add these fvwm decor ?

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 21-21-31 Santorini

and if so what is a proper way to do this ?

Yes, you can add any number of decor. @robinlily made one nice script of different types of decor and loaded them with the menu list by adding one Popup.
+ "Decors" Popup FancyDecors

Check this topic: Some fancy decors and a color-picker

1 Like

can i add more to this script ?
i might have to experiment to see i guess…

I think @rasat made one small config of Fancy Decor, and added this note: Inspired by FancyDecors by robinlily. In Linux, everything can be used and modified by acknowledging the author and sharing the new improvements.

1 Like

Thanks @rasat, Fvwm-KISe is in GitHub. I downloaded and now checking it.

1 Like

One suggestion, make the Work Desk button with two functions, same as Tile and OverView. To load and return.
Latest 1.4.2, Desker module has great improvement, with clean and smooth movement between the desks, and nice wallpapers.

Now it is ready. As I mentioned on the Pling site with screenshots, it is an excellent addition to default Fvwm.

Download version 1.4.2 from Pling or from my server.

The latest update is on GitHub.

Fvwm-KISe-wlogo-350x350

2 Likes

Great with new things. I think many users don’t know what those features do and how they relate to computing. There are many open questions. Make one short video? Is there an Fvwm respin? A 5-minute video and quick respin test would be awesome.

Got good feedback from a few users with major improvements and fixes. The Work Desk is now a nice working place. GitHub is updated (1.5.0).
Next, respin and video.

Major work desk improvement, window focus, updated wallpapers, and sharp and elegant look.

MAIN FEATURES:

• Desk Launcher (includes): Iconfied Thumbnails, Windows Overview, Tiling, and Work Desk.
  • Work Desk with navigation buttons and 4 Desks with 2 Pages each (Web, Email, Work and Misc. desk).
  • Icon/Application Panel
  • Task Panel
  • Calendar/Day/Time Panel
  • Auto Move Windows
  • 4-button Window Title Bar
  • Page Indicator
  • Elegant transparency and shadows.
  • Window focus on all desks and pages.

LATEST UPDATE (5 December 2023):
View screenshots and download on Pling site.
Download ( v. 1.7.1) from server.
Or from RasatPC GitHub.

2 Likes

Performance improvements and fix for Fvwm2. Improved one-click switch button for Tiling and Work Desk (version 1.6.7)

Gets better and better. :+1:

Still missing is full-screen maximize. I made a few layer adjustments so that RightPager remains at the top, able to move to other pages. This ToggleMaximize function could be added as a new button in DeskLaucher or key binding.

DestroyFunc ToggleMaximize
AddToFunc ToggleMaximize
+ I Current (Maximized) WindowStyle Title, Borders
+ I Current (!Maximized) WindowStyle !Title, !Borders
+ I UpdateStyles
+ I Current Maximize ewmhiwa

Full-screen maximizes with no window title bar and bords occupying the space.

maximize-toggle2

EDIT: Updated with new code and screenshot.

1 Like

You can ignore the EWMH working area with the maximize command, there is no need for such a complicated function. You might want to read the Manual on the Maximize command a bit more.

@somiaj Thanks for the push. Found it (Maximize ewmhiwa) with a bonus of making it better. Full-screen with no window title bar and borders. From an old topic and from another topic how to change the command ThisWindow to Current. Immediately maximizes the focused window.

Check the shared code. Updated with new screenshot.

@Mjaakko That’s great!! If pager is transparent at full screen would be amazing. Not with RootTransprent (doesn’t work on top of window) but Picom.

transp-maximize

NOTE: Firefox doesn’t full-screen maximize without title bar and borders. Chromium is ok as in the screenshot.