Great Mouse gestures!!

The current libstroke gestures are a bit limited .
specifically

1. the mouse button takes over things! So the same button cannot be used for anything else, like rightclicking, middle-click-to-paste
  2. Telephone grid: the current telephone grid system, allows only drawn strokes and reduces the gestures recognition accuracy. Maybe a strokeit like thing would be great!

I know that its libstroke libraries that are used, and its not the ‘job’ of fvwm in any way to provide gestures, but even so, just in case since mouse gestures are such a must have!!
I hope that specially the button taking over things is fixed, otherwise IMHO that leaves mouse gestures pretty unusable.

STROKEIT - Greatest mouse gestures app ever!! for windows only :frowning: - it can be visually taught to recognize gestures :smiley:
Opera - its got really nice usable gestures (specially the flipback gestures)
All-in-one extension for firefox : Not sure how well this works but I have heard that this works just fine.

I’m going to be the annoying moderator and ask if you read this before posting? :stuck_out_tongue:

Judging from question #1 the solution of using a function didn’t work as intended?

I don’t understand what you mean by the telephone grid system, could you elaborate a bit on that?

Oh the poll would be useless for this coz most ppl haven’t heard of mouse gestures and the rest haven’t used ‘real’ good mouse gestures ( strokeit)

Telephone grid: IN thsi system gestures are assigned as N258 , while this has the advantage of mangaeable from a text file, it sacrifices the accuracy. Explaination: its a bit difficult, but just try to make an ‘A’ gesture with the grid system and/or compare with strokeit.

function: I tried but it didn’t seem to work :frowning: , maybe it could but i thought if it cld be corrected easily in the default way then why not suggest…

The current libstroke gestures are a bit limited .
specifically

1. the mouse button takes over things! So the same button cannot be used for anything else, like rightclicking, middle-click-to-paste
    [/quote]

It can if you set it up correctly.

Can you expand as to what you mean here?

Of course it’s the job of the window manager to provide mouse gestures – what made you think otherwise?

I hope that specially the button taking over things is fixed, otherwise IMHO that leaves mouse gestures pretty unusable.

And since I too can put my Administrator hat on here – please for my own sanity would you do a little reading before you post? It would cut down on duplicating replies to questions. :)

– Thomas Adam

Let me try:
In the grid system, for a gestures to be recognized there are 3 points… Nah, its a bit difficult to put in words… to understand try strokeit ( windows only) . Hint: I used (to) over 80 gestures. My total number of strokes(gestures) using strokeit would be around a million, which was thanks to strokeit’s high level of accuracy.

Oh I don’t know , maybe I was just having a bad day :wink:

Ok, will do a lil more reading, though I have done a bit of searching.

Well, using a grid such as the keypad allows for some easily-created stroke definitions, as well as not making them too complicated. I have no idea what StrokeIt does.

Whilst you’re at it – would you also learn to put the name of the person whom you’re quoting, please? I noticed in a reply elsewhere on these forums, you had amalgamated your replies into one post. So…

1. Make sure you quote the person’s name, and:
  2. Make sure you use one post per reply.

It just makes search, and readability much easier, especially for those of us who follow almost all threads posted here.

– Thomas Adam