Having trouble sneaking in a WindowShade command...

I’m a novice fvwm user. I want to add the ability to execute the WindowShade command when I double-click mouse button 1 over the title bar. I defined this function:

[code]DestroyFunc MoveOrShade
AddToFunc MoveOrShade

• H Move
  • D WindowShade
  • C Raise
    [/code]
    which seems straightforward enough. I then bound it to the side and title bar successfully:

Mouse 1 S A Function "MoveOrShade" Mouse 1 T A Function "MoveOrShade"
however, I mostly lost the “Move” command. If I drag button 1, I occasionally get the Move command, but most of the time I just get the little spinning wheel icon. I’m kind of at the monkey-see-monkey-do stage (copying and pasting out of the docs), so I’m not really sure what’s going on. I have no other Mouse commands in my userCustomizations.fvwm2rc file, so my guess is that my Mouse commands conflict with something in the standard setup (where is that?). I’m using 2.6.4 on an OpenSuSE 12.2 system.

Thx…

The letter before the action defines what kind of action triggers the command which follows it. So does it work if you replace “H” for Hold with “M” for Move?[code]

• M Move
    [/code]

Yes, it does. Thank you very much. I interpreted “H” as "hold the mouse button down while you move the mouse around. That’s apparently not what it means.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: