How to Raise/focus an already hidden/iconified FvwmButton with edgecommand and automatically hide it again when unfocused?

I’m too dumb to figure this out, any help is appreciated!
I hope i articulated the question well.
Basically i want my Fvwmbutton to be always hidden, doesn’t matter if iconified or shaded as long as it’s not on the screen or root winodw, then i want to use the edgecommand to raise it and focus it, use it then automatically hide it again as soon as mouse leaves it.

Hi @punpun,

I think I understand your question. What I would suggest is setting the style of your FvwmButtons instance to not have an icon, as in:

Style FvwmButtons-Alias !Icon

… and then use EdgeCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

… to show the button. To hide it again (if you want that):

EdgeLeaveCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

HTH,
Thomas

Hi @punpun,

I think I understand your question. What I would suggest is setting the style of your FvwmButtons instance to not have an icon, as in:

Style FvwmButtons-Alias !Icon

… and then use EdgeCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

… to show the button. To hide it again (if you want that):

EdgeLeaveCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

HTH,
Thomas

Thank you so much, Thomas.
I figured a similar approach on my own except that if i use the same screen edge for both commands the behavior i get is kinda weird. i wanna keep the first EdgeCommand to show the button and hide it, and i can use the EdgeLeaveCommand to toggle the button from another edge but what i want the most is for the button (after toggling it with EdgeCommand) to be iconified in a mouse-hover behavior, like as soon as the mouse focus leaves the button i want it to be iconified or hidden, not when i scroll to the edge again.
I am satisfied with just using the EdgeCommand to toggle the button, so it’s okay if my request isn’t clear enough.
Thank you for your time,
Punpun