How to Raise/focus an already hidden/iconified FvwmButton with edgecommand and automatically hide it again when unfocused?

I’m too dumb to figure this out, any help is appreciated!
I hope i articulated the question well.
Basically i want my Fvwmbutton to be always hidden, doesn’t matter if iconified or shaded as long as it’s not on the screen or root winodw, then i want to use the edgecommand to raise it and focus it, use it then automatically hide it again as soon as mouse leaves it.

Hi @punpun,

I think I understand your question. What I would suggest is setting the style of your FvwmButtons instance to not have an icon, as in:

Style FvwmButtons-Alias !Icon

… and then use EdgeCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

… to show the button. To hide it again (if you want that):

EdgeLeaveCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

HTH,
Thomas

Hi @punpun,

I think I understand your question. What I would suggest is setting the style of your FvwmButtons instance to not have an icon, as in:

Style FvwmButtons-Alias !Icon

… and then use EdgeCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

… to show the button. To hide it again (if you want that):

EdgeLeaveCommand Top Next (FvwmButtons-Alias) Iconify

HTH,
Thomas

Thank you so much, Thomas.
I figured a similar approach on my own except that if i use the same screen edge for both commands the behavior i get is kinda weird. i wanna keep the first EdgeCommand to show the button and hide it, and i can use the EdgeLeaveCommand to toggle the button from another edge but what i want the most is for the button (after toggling it with EdgeCommand) to be iconified in a mouse-hover behavior, like as soon as the mouse focus leaves the button i want it to be iconified or hidden, not when i scroll to the edge again.
I am satisfied with just using the EdgeCommand to toggle the button, so it’s okay if my request isn’t clear enough.
Thank you for your time,
Punpun

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.