iconifying problem

Hi everybody

I defined in my config some specific icons i.e. for firefox to override the one used by default!

This is working only the firt time I iconify an app: if I start firefox, iconify it, I have the icon I defined, I deiconify it and iconify it again and now I have the default firefox-icon!!!

If I stop it and restart it I have the described behavior again!

What can I do to fix that???

I think there is an interaction with the gnome-settings-daemon (definitively creating problems) but I do not know how to bypass it and I need it for the gnome related apps!

Best regards, Brice

ps: fvwm 2.5.12 and gnome 2.10 (ubuntu hoary… I’ll be soon back under debian testing! )

Maybe you need to use this:

Style firefox EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon <someicon>

No I replace also the mini-icon (used on the thumbnails) but now I want to replace the normal icon!

Here is what I have in my config file :

Style * EWMHMiniIconOverride, IconOverride

Style XTerm MiniIcon xterm_mini.png, Icon xterm_big.png
Style Firefox-bin MiniIcon firefox_mini.png, Icon firefox_big.png

Regards, Brice

Hi

I solved this problem!! It came from the DeThumbnail function which is bound to deiconify in FvwmEvent!

In fact, you have to add at the end of this function + I DestroyWindowStyle otherwise you’ll get the described problem when doing a normal iconifying.

For completeness, the full code is:

[code]DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail

• I Raise
  • I ThisWindow (!Shaded, Iconifiable, !Iconic) PipeRead
    “/$[fvwm_scripts]/thumb $[w.id] $[fvwm_icon_size] /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png;
    echo WindowStyle IconOverride, Icon /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png”
  • I TestRc (Match) Test (f $[w.miniiconfile], f /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png) PipeRead
    “composite -geometry +2+4 $[w.miniiconfile] /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png
    /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png; echo Nop”
  • I Iconify

DestroyFunc DeThumbnail
AddToFunc DeThumbnail

• I PipeRead “echo Test \(i \$\[Icon-$[w.id]\]\) WindowStyle Icon \$\[Icon-$[w.id]\]”
  • I TestRc (NoMatch) WindowStyle NoIconOverride, Icon
  • I Exec rm -f /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png
  • I All (Iconic, CurrentPage) PlaceAgain icon
  • I DestroyWindowStyle
    [/code]

the thumb command can be found here: http://fvwm.lair.be/viewtopic.php?t=190

Of course bind DeThumbnail to deiconify in FVWMEvent.

For those using the (De)Thumbnail function of Taviso or Pem (sorry guys!) I would advice you to modify them, also the part with SetEnv seems to be facultative.

Regards

Brice

PS: I directly found the solution in the FVWM FAQ…