KDE-Style in OpenOffice-2.0 under fvwm

Hi @ all,

i think some fvwm-users are using different KDE-Apps under their fvwm (like me).
Now I have installed the new OpenOffice (with rpm2tgz) which is located under /opt/openoffice.org2.0.

I do not like the gtk-style :slight_smile: and thought about how I can use the kde-style in OOffice. And here is the answer, maybe someone is interested:

You have to edit this Script /opt/openoffice.org2.0/program/soffice
and then write this line on top of the Script:

export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde

After an OOffice-Restart you have your style from .kde :slight_smile:

Here this (very) little hint works well.

Hope you like it!

Greetings

Mods:
I hope that it`s the right place for this, otherwise please put it to the right place in the forum :slight_smile:

Likewise, you can use “Exec OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome /opt/openoffice/program/soffice” for gtk widgets in openoffice.

(I prefer not to edit the soffice file because it will get replaced if you ever update openoffice.)

Ah, yes, you`re right :slight_smile:
It works too, thx

THANK GOD!!

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a VERY long time. I already edited a couple oo2 conf files and figured out how to LAUNCH openoffice stuff with the FORCE_blah_etc thing, but this is even better. This makes sure that they use gtk (or kde…bleh :wink: ) styles when they are opened from anywhere (aka when I click a link and firefox opens a word doc or whatever).

This is awesome. Thanks