Keeping iconified apps on the bottom (solved)

I’m trying to get my iconified apps to stay on the bottom so that when I lower an app on my desktop, the iconified apps don’t appear above it. I’ve seen a few fvwm configs that do this and I seem to have exactly what they have, but it isn’t working for some reason. Here’s what I have:

[code]SetEnv fvwm_icon_size 100
DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail

• I Raise
  • I ThisWindow (!Shaded, Iconifiable, !Iconic) PipeRead “$[FVWM_USERDIR]/scripts/thumb $[w.id] $[fvwm_icon_size] /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png $[w.miniiconfile] && echo WindowStyle StaysOnBottom || echo Nop”
  • I Iconify

DestroyFunc DeThumbnail
AddToFunc DeThumbnail

• I DestroyWindowStyle
  • I PipeRead “echo WindowStyle Icon \$\[Icon-$[w.id]\]”
  • I Exec exec rm -f /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png

*FvwmEvent: deiconify DeThumbnail[/code]

As you can see, I’m using WindowStyle StaysOnBottom in the PipeRead. What am I doing wrong?

With Thomas_Adam’s help, I was able to get this working. The first problem was that I didn’t have FvwmEvent running (stupid, stupid…).

Anyway, here is the code. Now when you lower an application, your iconified apps will not be shown above it (i.e. iconified apps will always stay on the bottom).

[code]SetEnv fvwm_icon_size 100
DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail

• I Raise
  • I ThisWindow (!Shaded, Iconifiable, !Iconic) PipeRead “$[FVWM_USERDIR]/scripts/thumb $[w.id] $[fvwm_icon_size] /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png $[w.miniiconfile] && echo Layer 0 0”
  • I Iconify

DestroyFunc DeThumbnail
AddToFunc DeThumbnail

• I PipeRead “echo WindowStyle Icon \$\[Icon-$[w.id]\]”
  • I PipeRead “echo ThisWindow Layer default”
  • I UpdateStyles
  • I Exec exec rm -f /dev/shm/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png

*FvwmEvent: deiconify DeThumbnail[/code]

As you can see, I added “Layer 0 0” and “Layer default” calls. :smiley: