Keybindings using xmodmap-redefined mod5 key not working

I have this line in my fvwmrc file: Key M A 5 Move - this means that a mod5 key + M should trigger the Move action, right? (Back when I had it as Key M A 4 Move it worked fine with the Windows key, which by default is Super_L which is a mod4 key, if I understand everything right.)

Today I used xmodmap to redefine my Windows key as Mode_switch, using xmodmap -e "keycode 133 = Mode_switch NoSymbol Mode_switch" - this looks like it worked, according to xev output.

The xmodmap command says that Mode_switch is a mod5 key: mod5 ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c), Mode_switch (0xcb). So if I understand everything correctly, my Windows key, which is now Mode_switch, should count as a mod5 key, and therefore Windows+M should trigger my Key M A 5 Move keybinding - but it doesn’t. I’m not sure which part of how this works I’m wrong about…

Patena, you aren’t doing anything wrong. I just spent the last two days trying to get Mode_switch to work as Mod-anything, and it won’t. The only reason I need Mode_switch is to add quick access to 3rd and 4th level symbols, such as °, ¢, €, etc. If you don’t need this functionality, then you’re better off keeping your Windows® key as Super_L so you don’t lose one of your mod keys.

Also, you can remap any key to any of the Mod functions. I never use the ScrLk and Pause keys, so I have them mapped as Mod2 and Mod3 as ISO_Level3_Shift and ISO_Level5_Shift, respectively. I prefer this because I don’t have to worry about conflicts between FVWM and the shortcut keys in the programs I’m using.