link_'s config

UPDATE VERSION 0.8.0
Screenshot:
filebox.vt.edu/users/wesgould/20 … _scrot.png

Features:

–Taskbar w/ mpd, pager, applaunch icons, menu button, time/calendar
–Updated menu with icons (messing with this more this weekend)
–xcompmgr installed and executed on start up to give bad ass drop shadows and translucent fading effects when windows are closed and opened (requires accelerated graphics card w. appropriate drivers)
–Menu uses PEM’s wallpaper-menu-browser
–Thumbnail icon revisions

I am not posting the config because its a mess with some of the random stuff I have been messing with and I will be heavily modifying it on Saturday morning. I hope you like what you see in the screen shot.

In progress:
FVWM CLOSE BUTTON
FVWM THEME SELECTOR for menu
Hopefully figure out how to round the corners of my window decor
Creating a function using transset to make non-focused windows translucent
adding 2 more window decors (different min,max,close buttons)
redesigning menu to be more efficient
adding (Test)'s to test for a larger number of applications to make the menu more usuable for multiple users.
making the taskbar “fluid” with [vp.width/height]
revising window control placement
adding mount/eject usb disk feature
cleaning up config using more variables to make customization easier for different users
creating GDM
possibly using a splash screen

UPDATE VERSION 0.7.4

Features:
–AppLaunch Dock
–FvwmPager/ DateTime dock
–Irssi slides from the bottom when F1 is pressed.
–MPD Playlist slides out from the right side of the screen when F2 or the playlist control-button is clicked.

Config Version 0.7.4
filebox.vt.edu/users/wesgould/fv … 074.tar.gz
Screenshot of MPD playlist opened:

I have been using a personally modified version of Stonecrest’s clean and (can be) green config, but I decided that it was time that I created my own config.

This is a shot of the (very) alpha stage of my config. I will be going back for spring semester in a couple of days so I won’t be able to do as much tweaking as I would like but you can see where I am headed with this. I hope you like it.

escapeportal.net/upload/2006 … _scrot.png

(I am trying to custom design icons for my AppLaunch dock on the bottom left.)

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Posting your config, as per the guidelines for this section, would be a start. :slight_smile:

If you can’t do that, I can either host them, you can look at putting it on the wiki.

– Thomas Adam

I like it a lot! I would be interested in the config because I never got the thumbnails to work right. :confused:

I will post my config as soon as I clean it up and finish up my menu’s/AppLaunch bar. :slight_smile: I am glad you guys like it so far. I am going for clean, functional, and fast.

Here is my config version: 0.7

config will be posted shortly

Here is the config v0.7.0

escapeportal.net/fvwm-2006-01-19.tar.gz

v.0.7.2

Updates:
–added conky and a customized conifuration for conky
–added fvwm2rc.irc (which created a drop-down window of irssi)
–Windows key opens a console

Works-in-progress
–fvwm2rc.irc [I am working on centering the window on the bottom (centered) and have it unshade ‘up’ instead of dropping down from the top of the screen]
–A fvwmButton for mpd controls that will open with a specified key-action
–Adding mouse-over “highlights” to the dock icons in the AppLaunch dock.

Update: v0.7.3

-fvwmirc is working properly now :slight_smile: Pressing F1 will toggle irssi from the bottom center of the screen and give it focus.
-New Time/Date script w/ Calendar

Works in progress
-A mpd playlist button that will slide in from the right side of the screen under the controls
-Mouse over highlights for the icons.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/wesgould/fvwm-2006-01-28.tar.gz

IRC Opened:
escapeportal.net/upload/ircscreenshot.png

IRC Closed:

escapeportal.net/upload/v073screenshot.png

Update 0.7.4

Updated
-A playlist for mpd opens from the right side under the screen under the mpd controls by clicking the playlist button on the mpd-controls or by pressing F2.

filebox.vt.edu/users/wesgould/fv … 074.tar.gz

thanks 8)

Here is the conky config:

[code]background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont aqua:size=6
double_buffer yes
update_interval 2
alignment top_right
gap_x 10
gap_y 10
no_buffers yes
minimum_size 265x400
pad_percents 3

TEXT
${color #ffcb48}$nodename$color ${color #98c2c7}$sysname $kernel on $machine$color
${color #ffcb48}PROCESSING$color

${color #98c2c7}CPU:$color $cpu%
${color #7f8a79}$cpubar
${color #7f8a79}${cpugraph 78af78 a3a3a3}

${color #98c2c7}NAME PID CPU% MEM%
${color #e5e5e5}${top name 1} ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
${color #c4c4c4}${top name 2} ${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
${color #a3a3a3}${top name 3} ${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
${color #828282}${top name 4} ${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4} ${top mem 4}

${color #ffcb48}DATA$color

${color #98c2c7}RAM:$color $memperc% ${color #7f8a79}${membar 6}${color}
${color #98c2c7}Swap:$color $swapperc% ${color #7f8a79}${swapbar 6}$color

${color #98c2c7}NAME PID CPU% MEM%
${color #e5e5e5}${top_mem name 1} ${top_mem pid 1} ${top_mem cpu 1} ${top_mem mem 1}
${color #c4c4c4}${top_mem name 2} ${top_mem pid 2} ${top_mem cpu 2} ${top_mem mem 2}
${color #a3a3a3}${top_mem name 3} ${top_mem pid 3} ${top_mem cpu 3} ${top_mem mem 3}
${color #828282}${top_mem name 4} ${top_mem pid 4} ${top_mem cpu 4} ${top_mem mem 4}

${color #ffcb48}SPACE$color

${color #98c2c7}Media:$color ${fs_free_perc /home/link/MyMedia}% ${fs_free /home/link/MyMedia} ${color #7f8a79}${fs_bar 6 /home/link/MyMedia}$color
${color #98c2c7}home:$color ${fs_free_perc /home}% ${fs_free /home} ${color #7f8a79}${fs_bar 6 /home}$color

${color #ffcb48}NET$color

${color #98c2c7}eth0
${color #98c2c7}DOWN: ${color #ffffff}${downspeed eth0} k/s ${color #98c2c7}UP: ${color #ffffff}${upspeed eth0} k/s
${color #98c2c7}${downspeedgraph eth0 25,100 78af78 a3a3a3} ${color #98c2c7}${upspeedgraph eth0 25,100 78af78 a3a3a3}
${color #98c2c7}TOTAL: ${color #ffffff}${totaldown eth0} ${color #98c2c7}TOTAL: ${color #ffffff}${totalup eth0}
[/code]

UPDATE VERSION 0.8.0
Screenshot:
filebox.vt.edu/users/wesgould/20 … _scrot.png

Features:

–Taskbar w/ mpd, pager, applaunch icons, menu button, time/calendar
–Updated menu with icons (messing with this more this weekend)
–xcompmgr installed and executed on start up to give bad ass drop shadows and translucent fading effects when windows are closed and opened (requires accelerated graphics card w. appropriate drivers)
–Menu uses PEM’s wallpaper-menu-browser
–Thumbnail icon revisions

I am not posting the config because its a mess with some of the random stuff I have been messing with and I will be heavily modifying it on Saturday morning. I hope you like what you see in the screen shot.

In progress:
FVWM CLOSE BUTTON
FVWM THEME SELECTOR for menu
Creating a function using transset to make non-focused windows translucent
adding 2 more window decors (different min,max,close buttons)
redesigning menu to be more efficient
adding (Test)'s to test for a larger number of applications to make the menu more usuable for multiple users.
making the taskbar “fluid” with [vp.width/height]
revising window control placement
adding mount/eject usb disk feature
cleaning up config using more variables to make customization easier for different users
creating GDM
possibly using a splash screen

good job linkunderscore…
about the transset function… how are you planning to do it?

Hey, could you tell how do you do that? I have xcompmgr installed and transet but I dont get the cool shadows on my windows.

try to run xcompmgr from .xinitrc (before run fvwm) and try for examplexcompmgr -cC -fF
about the transset function i used transset-df and applied a 50% traslucency to not raised and not focused windows using FvwmEvent and windows id

I haven’t posted in a very long time because i have been too busy with school and work to have time to work on my config.

About the transset…i never got around to messing with that but i did install xgl and compiz to check it out. Its REALLY nice. I can’t wait until FVWM can utilize xgl. I switched quickly back to fvwm because i can’t function without it. When I switched back, transset stopped working for me. I haven’t had much time to try to solve the problem. So obviously I also haven’t been able to do what I wanted to do with the transset/window focus.

cute =D

I like 8.0 version :slight_smile: could You post your config?

Did you find a solution for making windows translucent with transset, when they haven’t the focus?

scientific

Did you discover a solution to make windows translucent with transset, if they haven’t the target?

scientific