Menu item to put Pager on top

Hello,

I’m using fvwm 2.5.12 and I’m trying to make two menu items that will either let me put the pager on top, or let it be covered by other windows.

This is what I am trying:

[code]DestroyFunc PagerOnTop
AddToFunc PagerOnTop

• I Style FvwmPager StaysOnTop
  • I Recapture

DestroyFunc PagerCanBeHidden
AddToFunc PagerCanBeHidden

• I Style FvwmPager StaysPut
  • I Recapture

DestroyMenu PagingSettings
AddToMenu PagingSettings

• “Pager Always On &Top%mini.pager.xpm%” Function PagerOnTop
  • “Pager Can Be &Hidden%mini.pager.xpm%” Function PagerCanBeHidden
    [/code]

This used to work with fvwm 2.4, but doesn’t seem to work on 2.5.12. Any ideas what I need to do??

thanks.

The “Recapture” command is obsolete, and has most likely been removed. What you should do is replace the Recapure command with:

UpdateStyles

– Thomas Adam

Thanks. Just tried that, but it doesn’t seem to help :frowning:

I think the problem is that StaysOnTop is being phased out in favour of Layers which are going to be more flexible.

Try this:

[code]
DestroyFunc PagerOnTop
AddToFunc PagerOnTop

• I Layer 0 6[/code]

Phased out? First I’ve heard of it. “StaysOnTop” is just a convenience function to “Layer 0 6” in this instance, and still works for me on 2.5.12. The important thing here though is that “UpdateStyles” must be called from the end of the function to force an update, regardless of the methods used to keep a window raised.

– Thomas Adam

Okay - I’ve changed it to:

AddToFunc PagerOnTop

• I All (“FvwmPager”) Layer 0 6
  • I UpdateStyles

DestroyFunc PagerCanBeHidden
AddToFunc PagerCanBeHidden

• I All (“FvwmPager”) Layer 0 4
  • I UpdateStyles
    [/code]

and that seems to work. Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

It does also work without the UpdateStyles lines, but I’m going to leave them in just to be certain.

That’s because you’re no longer setting any Style attributions to windows. :slight_smile:

– Thomas Adam

Aaaaah - I see. Thanks.

For interest, I’ve just tried using StaysOnTop directly, rather than using it from a menu:

AddToFunc PagerOnTop

• I Style FvwmPager StaysOnTop
  • I UpdateStyles

Function PagerOnTop
[/code]

And this works fine. So it seems that it only doesn’t work when trying to change the StaysOnTop style for an existing window.