Mini-icon over Thumbnails problem

Hi everybody!
I’m having problems to get miniicon over thumbnails only for certain apps: OO 1.1.4, Azureus, aMule, Limewire and GMPlayer basically.
I have these styles in my config:

Style limewire EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/limewire32.png Style amule EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/amule32.png Style azureus EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/azureus32.png Style soffice.bin EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/swriter32.png Style xine EWMHIconOverride, Icon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/mplayer.png

What should I do?

Hello,

hum I don’t know as i’ve just tested with Xine and it works fine :

Style xine EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon mplayer.png

When i iconify Xine, i can see the miniIcon in my FvwmIconMan so …

You are right lucky…My xine Styke works too…I meant GMPlayer:

Style gmplayer EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/mplayer32.png

What about the other apps?

Thanks

Just keep defining them a new icon in the same manner, above – match by class if you like, especially for things like mplayer – FvwmIdent might hekp you there.

– Thomas Adam

Thank you ThomasAdam…The problem is that I’m really new to Fvwm and I’m studying a pre-made .fvwmrc to learn a little bit.
I’m using a KDE+Fvwm solution at the moment and the FvwmIdent that I got with the config file doesn’t seem to work…( pop-up a black little-window ).
What should I do to solve the MiniIcon problem?

Thanks for any suggestion :smiley:

Open a FvwmConsole and type :
Module FvwmIdent
Then you need to click into the window you want and a little window will appear with all informations you need (class, ressource etc).

Thanks lucky…But I don’t know neither how to open the FvwmConsole nor how to start that module… :blush: :blush: :blush:
I used aterm to start them without success… :unamused:

Since they can only be spawned from FVWM, you have to add them to menus, or key-bindings, or what have you. For a menu it’s easy:

AddToMenu someMenuName
+ "FvwmConsole" Module FvwmConsole
+ "FvwmIdent" Module FvwmIdent

for instance.

– Thomas Adam

Thank you very much!!! :smiley:
I solved the problem.Here the lines for those apps:

Style aMule EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/amule.png Style com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/limewire.png Style SWT EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/azureus.png Style MPlayer EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/mplayer.png

The only app that doesn’t seem to work with MiniIcon is Writer: using FvwmIdent I get a Class: OpenOffice.org 1.1.4 , but if I use it in config it doesn’t work.
The (little) more I learn about this WM the more I love it…Thank you!!!

Bye :wink:

You should be able to match “OpenOffice.org” (name/icon name) but “OpenOffice.org\ 1.1.4” may work. I know I had to do that for “Python\ Shell”.

Thanks digiot :wink:
I found that this works too:

Style VCLSalFrame EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/swriter.png

Oops. Second one doesn’t work after all - it only works if the window is already up and I restart. So when I did, I assumed it was working but it turns out it’s only a one shot. I’m too tired to figure it out now.

Anyway - glad you found a solution. :slight_smile: