moveto desktop command?

In case you have DesktopSize 1x1 (which basically means there are no pages), you could have

AddToMenu WindowOperations
+ "Next desk"                   MoveToDesk +1 0 0 3
+ "Previous desk"               MoveToDesk -1 0 0 3

for example.

I found this post so instead of creating a new one I’ll post here, althou the original is kind of old. But my problem is when sending a window to another desk, the pager won’t refresh itself. It still shows the window on the original desk, thou the window really is moved. Here’s a screenshot to clarify.
SHOT
As you can see from it, the pager displays the nedit windows previous desk instead of the one I just moved it to. When I restart the pager it shows the windows on right desktops, but I really don’t want to kill it everytime I move a window…

What version of FVWM are you running? That was fixed in CVS a while ago now.

– Thomas Adam

I’m using the latest unstable, 2.5.19 from archlinux’s unstable repo.

I removed the unstable, installed latest cvs but the pager still didn’t work plus configure didn’t find xft? So back to 2.5.19.

Pager is started through StartFunction

+ I Module FvwmPager 0 3

Styles for pager

*FvwmPager: Geometry -0-0 *FvwmPager: Rows 1 *FvwmPager: Columns 4 *FvwmPager: DeskTopScale 50 *FvwmPager: Font none *FvwmPager: SmallFont none *FvwmPager: Colorset * 4 *FvwmPager: HilightColorset * 2 *FvwmPager: UseSkipList *FvwmPager: MiniIcons
And the Menu

[code]DestroyMenu MenuFvwmWindowMove
AddToMenu MenuFvwmWindowMove

•   "&1. MoveToDesk1" MoveToDesk 0 0 0 3

•   "&2. MoveToDesk2" MoveToDesk 0 1 0 3

•   "&3. MoveToDesk3" MoveToDesk 0 2 0 3

•   "&4. MoveToDesk4" MoveToDesk 0 3 0 3[/code]

Brought up by

Mouse 3 T S Menu MenuFvwmWindowMove Nop

The bug was introduced during soume almost duplicate code elimination done from 2.5.18 to 2.5.19 and has now been fixed in CVS.

NOW? As during the past 5 hours? I tried the cvs and it didn’t work for me as I said. If it’s just me, I’d really llike to know the reason. Any more details of my configs needed?

Basu: Are you using the stable or unstable fvwm?

I commited a fix 5 minutes before posting.

The reason: some almost identical code got too identical when merging code from two functions while fixing the problem that window’s couldn’t be moved by the pager initially.

It’s possible to compile only the pager from CVS, and use it instead of the 2.5.19 pager.

Ok, thanks!

One more thing… how do I do that? I’m quite new to compiling from source and if “./configure , make , make install” doesn’t work, I really don’t know what to do. I tried to search for instructions but can’t find anything else than what’s on the cvs information -page.

Copy the cvs version of modules/FvwmPager over the one in the 2.5.19 tar-ball. (It should really be ennough with the modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c IIRC, but to be sure you better take all files in the directory.) Then it’s just to build and install from the directory from the tar-ball.

Ok, so there is no easy way of post installing / replacing only the pager or other module when one’s not building from source? I think I’ll use the whole cvs then… See if i get xft support working.

if you do ‘make install’ only in a specific module directory it will be the only thing that is installed. The important thing is to link it against the same version of libfvwm as fvwm is using or things might break if certain changes have been made.

Of course using the cvs version is probably simpler if one haven’t built the other version from source, but used some binary package.