My first config

I’m new to fvwm and the forum but i’ve been messing around for the past few days and wanted to through my config up here. I started with someone else’s semi themed config and started cutting out and changing stuff(opted for the vector buttons instead of icons and so on).

Included is my conky configuration which i added a script and key bindings for volume control. ctrl+up or down and the current volume is displayed in conky. Also I integrated a terminal “in the wallpaper”. its just a transparent aterm window with no borders or handles. Anyway, it was fun coming up with this, hope someone enjoys. Now to create a background selector!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jv8xlyqg7oput2/fvwmscreenshot.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22300603/theme/reppardsconfig.tar

I have had a look at the screenshot and the config. Very impressive! Thanks for sharing it with us. I really liked the scripts as I am not familiar with FvwmScript.

I am also a big fan of conky, and I have recently come across showing information depending on certain conditions. For example, this shows the battery when I am on battery and sends messages depending on how low the battery is:

${if_match ${battery_percent BAT1} <  10}${execi 10 xmessage "PERILL: BATERIA MOLT BAIXA"}${endif}${if_match ${battery_percent BAT1} <  20}${execi 60 xmessage "BATERIA MOLT BAIXA"}${endif}${if_match ${battery_percent BAT1} <  50}${execi 600 xmessage "BATERIA BAIXA"}${endif}${if_match ${battery_percent BAT1} < 100}${color yellow}${battery_short BAT1}${color red} Bat${endif}

And this one shows the information of the network interface if it is connected:

${if_up eth0}${color DarkSeaGreen}${addr eth0}${color SeaGreen} eth0 ${color Green}D ${color GreenYellow}${downspeed eth0} ${color Green}U ${color GreenYellow}${upspeed eth0}${endif} ${if_up wlan0}${color DarkSeaGreen}${addr wlan0}${color SeaGreen} wlan0 ${color SeaGreen}${wireless_essid wlan0} ${color GreenYellow}${wireless_link_qual wlan0} ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}% ${color Green}D ${color GreenYellow}${downspeed wlan0} ${color Green}U ${color GreenYellow}${upspeed wlan0}${endif}

Cheers!