I created a customized theme for FVWM2, which looks quite different from
other wm. The idea is remove title bar completely. I call it “headless FVWM”.
It fully used the screen real estate and look very pretty.
The features in the configure file include:
- In order to control the windows without titlebars, 3 buttons are
created on the top right corner of the screen.
- Left click on the frame to resize the window; right click to move;
middle click to pop window options menu. F7-F12 are shortcuts
- Sloppy focus is disabled by click focus unfortunately. Because
the window have to be focused when pointer is moved to the corner of
the screen. If there is a timer for sloppy focus, just as the popup
timer, that will be perfect.
Note: This is worked around by using FvwmAuto and save the windows
id to an envrionment virable. And the timeout value is set to 2
seconds. Not good enough though.
- Miniature snapshot of windows are used as icon. This is taken from
Tavis Ormandy (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). I added some code so it combines
the icon file with a translucent window snapshot.
- FvwmIconMan is fully transparent. Combined with shadow, it creates a
“light up” effect when selected or pointed, and is easy to see on both
light and dark backgrounds.
- Dynamically constructs a background selection menu with preview.
- Maximized behavior is changed to that when one window is maximized, all
other windows are iconified.