Myfvwm config (suggest and help)

Hello… configThis is my fvwm2 config on openbsd…
I am new as you might know but passionate. I have read various guides, configs and documentation and of course threads here and i am a little confused.
On this config i try to implement various elements to make it my own.
Problem 1: i have a “DesktopMenu” entry on left click menu that is buggy…
How can i disable it i am not sure and what i tried does not help.

Problem2:i am from Greece and i want to use some combinations where i could not now…
i.e i want to add on this “docklike” menu on the right an element to change lang from us to gr and use a flag like all major de’s
How’s this possible ?

Problem3: When i add reboot and shutdown commands these do not seem to work… for example message on reboot “would you like to reboot now” works but does not do anything and on the other hand on shutdown does not even work

Problem 4: As you might see my windows title is centered just as i like but whenerver i changed my letters i don’t see it changing Letters are chopped too. Any ideas on what to do ? What is the proper element on my config ?

Problem 5: My theme is dark or light and not unified. Is there a way to unify it ?

Problem 6: I know of fvwm decor but i do not like the one i am using now i would like a macos or a unixlike one but how to do this ? I mean i have to download the decors i found and where to store them ? How to make them hover and so on when mouse reaches on minimize maximize etc ?

Last but not least Problem #7: what is the proper way to use icons on the dockapp on the right. I mean every app opens fine but there is no icon to identify where is what. ANY suggestions ?

Thanks…

p.s any ideas are wellcome…

Looks great… Window Manager style. :sunny:
I had a quick check on a few of your problems.

1: i have a “DesktopMenu” entry on left click menu that is buggy…

Check this Wiki page for menus

3: When i add reboot and shutdown commands these do not seem to work

Before I felt problematic when dealing with systemd and sysvinit having different commands. This works fine depending on your sudo permission:

Logout, Suspend, Restart, and Shutdown

Action(Mouse 1) "Quit"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec sudo pm-suspend"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec sudo reboot"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec sudo halt"

Other commands:

Action(Mouse 1) "Exec systemctl reboot"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec systemctl poweroff"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec sudo /sbin/reboot"
Action(Mouse 1) "Exec sudo /sbin/poweroff"

4: As you might see my windows title is centered

TitleStyle Centered Height 23 -- Flat

7: what is the proper way to use icons on the dockapp on the right.

The icon syntax is ok, most likely doesn’t find the icon folder.
Check the variable $[FVWM_USERDIR]
$[FVWM_USERDIR] = /home/user-folder/.fvwm

I always use $[HOME] for both user- and .fvwm folder.
$[HOME] = /home/user-folder

I hope this will solve a few problems.

1 Like