Realmacosx : the smoothest Mac OS X Desktop for gnome !

Hi,

I am pleased to present you the Realmacosx-theme environment.

-> patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … 295767.jpg

-> patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … esktop.jpg

Mirror&config: patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … ealmacosx/

To install it, just run from user:

wget -N http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/themes/fvwm/realmacosx/install.sh sh install.sh
and your real mac os x will appear ! :slight_smile: (cursors, themes, wallpaper, … )

Please check the readme in the .fvwm2rc
[img=]

##############################################

The theme is over worked to improve the smooth feelings of a Desktop with Linux

The theme is a very pleasant environment to work, and also to increase your productivity with a machine.

The fvwm configuration is targeted to the slowest PC using Linux, and it aimed to be the closest to Mac Os X. This is not an heavy fvwm config.

The config can be used with gnome or kde. I would advice gnome-panel since it matches well with Mac OS X theme.

Cool features taken from fluxbox and enlightenment are there present too.

You’ve got a fully rocky pager, that draws mini dump of your windows (after 1… sec)

The pager is appearing also automatically when you change workspaces, but not always … check it please

The pager appears too if you

Why gnome-panel and not dockers? To let you change easily the top docker whenever you want and for every moods, to make sure you will not loose too much time with Desktop ‘tuning/programing’. :slight_smile:

Enjoy this smooth and pleasant Fvwm configuration, for more work done with your Windows manager !

Manual

Enjoy moving the windows through the 4 workspaces with holding Alt and left mouse key

holding alt + right mouse : resize windows

alt + ctrl + mouse left : move one window, pass into real transparent and lower it

alt + ctrl + shit + mouse left : move one window, pass into real transparent and lower it

and so on

alt F1 : workspace 1

alt F2 : workspace 2

alt F3 : workspace 3

alt F4 : workspace 4

alt ctrl left : left workspace switch

alt ctrl right : right workspace switch

F12 or alt + Esc : console kuake quake yakuake like

alt wheel down : lower the transparency of the window

alt wheel up : increase the transparency of the window

ctrl alt E : gives gmrun

flag M : thumbnail all the windows

and so on

the docker is fvwm buttons, and not avant / kxdocker …

F12 for the quake console

nice…much much better than your first one…it’s not my type of style, eypecially the dock at the bottom. I dislike the colorset of the background.

nice job

thanks !
I made a small video with xvidcap: patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … almac.mpeg
showing the transparencies while moving and the non edgeresistance workspaces while moving windows.

Well third day and I really love this config. You have to use it to see that you can have a nice windows manager, with the possibility to go from one screen to the other one: ordering your apps on each workspace. This scheduling of the edge resistance is a must.
I use :
xcompmgr -c (it s cute)
and opera on the left workspace (no 1)
chess on workspace 2
workspace 3 skype
and console on the top for quick stuffs (F12)
and workspace 4: coding and mrxvt
and a gmrun that comes with flag R.

Well this mac os x is beautiful (for me), looks like a real Mac, and has a gnome-panel that you can change all the time. The pager that appears when you move windows and by click on the root is very useful.

A fvwm config hit !! (well for me)
It’s fast a hell, and that’s what we need ! :slight_smile:

Enthousiasm is good, so you can try it :slight_smile:

i want to get the file you offered.when i tried to access the location,but
"
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /themes/fvwm/realmacosx/ on this server.

"
displayed
:frowning:

I am surprised.

Please could you let me know if the following works witn your machine:

“wget patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … install.sh

Let’s hope. If you can retrieve this file, it’s promisign. Not otherwise I can send you the file per email.
the config is there : rapidshare.com/files/114387251/b … ar.gz.html

the automatic beta installer is here : patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … install.sh

Plz let me know ab. the progresses :slight_smile:
Best regards
Patrick

thanks very much.
I have got the config file from rapidshare.com/files/114387251/b … ar.gz.html
but “wget patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/them … install.sh
and “http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/themes/fvwm/realmacosx/install.sh
still doesn’t work.

Here is the link to install.sh
rapidshare.com/files/117099177/install.sh.html

QUESTION:

I tried XFCE4. Well, There is still something that I dont understand:

(1) Why XFCE4 is faster than my theme and pretty like FVWM in general ?
(2) The fonts looks very nice, much nicer than in FVWM. Why? fonts-xfce-anti-aliasing-hinting.jpg
Here is the screenshot of font XFCE4 config: img134.imageshack.us/img134/8750 … ghiah0.jpg

(3) Is memory better handled by XFCE than FVWM ?
(4) Could be that features in FVWM take quickly memory and ressources, comp. to other windows managers.

Dont know …
also XFCE4 has a brightside (edge resistance = 0 when moving/draging windows )

xfce.org/documentation/4.2/m … _shortcuts

Is it? And I thought such things are in the eye of the beholder. Ah yes, they are!

Is it? And I thought such things are in the eye of the beholder. Ah yes, they are!

If you don’t know the answer to this one, why do you need to ask it? You can’t compare the two.

If you don’t know the answer to this one, why do you need to ask it? You can’t compare the two.

Eh?

– Thomas Adam