Slackman`s Second

Hi,
the last days Ive tried out a new config with different Ideas from all the good works here! And this is the (not absolut final) result (but fare away from stable) ; [url=http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/scratchlinux/Screenshots/03-02-2006.png]Slackmans-Second[/url]

I was impressed by a few Ideas from other users here, impressed from Voiders Pager, Brices mailchecker and also from stonecrests FvwmMpd.

I really hope that you`re not angry about that I have stolen your ideas :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A few things you cant see on this screenshot, so for example the tray at this moment is "kicker" but I change to xystray the next days. Now I do not need any KDE-Trayicons sinve Im using FvwmMpd g

A little crazy feature is that the icons from my Menubuttons change to real icons if the mouse points them (really crazy effect, I like to play with it :slight_smile: )

O.K., I hope you like it a bit, my Conf has to be cleaned up before I post it, I`ll try to do it the next week.

Special thanks to Voider, Brice and stonecrest for their ideas and work which I have used in my config.

Greetings

Edit:
New Screenshot with new minimal changes :slight_smile:

Edit 2 (11-02-06):
Little Change, now Im back to xystray, works fine here:)
I think my Config is ready the next three days, sry but it I don`t have enough time yet :frowning:

Edit:
O.K., heres my config: [url=http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/scratchlinux/Dokumente/Slackman-Stuff.tar.bz2]Slackmans-Stuff[/url]
(3.8 MB)
I hope you like it :slight_smile:
If you have problems or tipps or something else please pn me or write it in this thread.
Before using take a look at the Readme-File in the package and adjust all variables in the config.
I`m using a resulution of 1280x1024 and do not know what happens with other resolutions than mine.

Another Edit: (18-03-2006)
Heres a new Screenshot with little changes in the config, now Im using 2 instances of conky, one on Desktop and another swallowed in my Topbar. And now Im using a new Deco for Titlebars, take a look :slight_smile: [url=http://www.mitglied.lycos.de/scratchlinux/Screenshots/15-03-06.png]Screenshot-Update[/url] Ill change the package the next days and try to include a german documentation.

Greetings

i like your conky conf… good job!

Hi,
thx for the reply :slight_smile:
The config is currently changing day by day :slight_smile:
Latest changes are transluent menus (looks good and now its better to change wallpapers) and the bg-color of the topbar. Now the bg is black because of conkys window. And I have added mount-Scripts which I use with buttons.
So, if I click on the button (named usb) my usb-Device is mounting automaticly and konqueror (yes, I"m using some kde-apps) is starting up in this Directory. Another Click on the button stops konqueror and the Device is umounting.
I think it`s a little bit more handy.

Today or tomorrow Im planning to change the decor and then Ill post new Screenshots and the new config.

Greetings

what?

i’m looking the way to have different font in different menus (i want small fonts in wallpaper browser)

can i have your mount script? i’ll modify it to work with rox…
see ya! :smiley:

Hi,
first, what I mean with conky is:
In the topbar Im using conky as a kind of netmonitor. And conky is not accepting a bitmap as background. Because of that ther is a small black border around conkys window.
And with a complete black Topbar-Background I think it looks better than with the gray background.
Screenshot:
fvwm-14-04-2006

And here`s a screenshot with the new trans-menu:
Menu

And the (very very simple) mount-script:

#!/bin/sh if [[ $(cat /etc/mtab|grep sda1) ]]; then umount /mnt/usb; killall konqueror /mnt/usb else mount /mnt/usb; konqueror /mnt/usb; fi

You see, it`s extremly simple but it works clean here :slight_smile:

Greetings

you can make it transparent, not? it seems to me that i tried that solution with fvwm colorset and works… but i don’t swear :unamused:

Hi,
Ive tried out it but then conky is using the root-window as background and not the Topbars background-pixmap.

Another Option could be to use a colorset.

Greets (from Germany)

i meant translucent… sorry! Gentoo FVWM package has translucency patch built in (thanks to taviso)… if you play with Slackware i don’t know if you have it
see ya :exclamation:

Hi,
Im using LFS; Ill take a look at Gentoo`s package and try it out later!

hi Slackman… please, can you share your last conky conf?
and another thing: do i need something special to have temperatures?
thanks a lot man!

Hi, no problem :slight_smile:

Here`s my last conkyrc (Im using conky two times, one for the desktop and one swallowed into the topbar, here the .conkyrc from my desktop):

# Conky sample configuration
# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
background yes

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes

# Set conky on the bottom of all other applications
on_bottom yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:Bold:size=9

# Text alpha when using Xft
xftalpha 0.8

# MPD host/port
mpd_host localhost
mpd_port 6600

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 5.0

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window no

# Use pseudo transparency with own_window?
own_window_transparent yes

# If own_window_transparent is set to no, you can set the background colour here
own_window_colour hotpink

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 280 5

# Draw shades?
draw_shades yes

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 8

# border margins
border_margin 4

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color black

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 45
gap_y 75

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
override_utf8_locale no

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer no

TEXT
${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=13${color #5000a0}$nodename - $sysname $kernel 

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=13}Auslastung:

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}CPU :${color red} ${cpu}%$color ${cpubar}$color

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}Ram:${color red} $memperc%$color - $mem/$memmax - ${membar 5 , 5}

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}Swap:${color red} $swapperc%$color - $swap/$swapmax - ${swapbar 5 , 5}

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}Uptime:${color #ddaa00} $uptime$color

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}Prozesse:${color red} $processes$color - aktiv: ${color red}$running_processes$color

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=13}${color white} Netzwerk:
${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}${color white} Down:${color red} ${downspeed eth0} k/s  ${color white}${offset 92}Up:${color red} ${upspeed eth0} k/s
${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}${color white} Addresse: ${color #ddaa00}${addr eth0}${alignr}${color white}TCP Connections: ${color #ddaa00}${tcp_portmon 1 65535 count}

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}${color white}Artist: ${alignc}$mpd_artist 
${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}${color white}Titel: ${mpd_title}$color
${color lightgray}${mpd_bar 5 , 5}$color
${color red}${alignc}$mpd_status$color

${font arial:style=Bold:pixelsize=12}CPU:${color #ddaa00} ${i2c temp 2}C${color lightgrey}  <- - - - - - - ->  ${color white}RAM:${color #ddaa00} ${i2c temp 1}C$color

To get the Temperature Im using [url=http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/]lm_sensors[/url]. Take a look at the Gentoo-Wiki, theres a HowTo about lm_sensors !

Greetings

lm_sensors doesn’t work on my hp nx6110 and cpu goes very hot… mmm… never mind, i prefer to save my head from my father’ sword :stuck_out_tongue:

Update:
Hi,
during the last days I´ve played around with my config and here you can take a look at the result:
fvwm-08-2006

Topbar -with-Mousepointer-on-MenuIcon

Changes:
A new pager which shows the number of the current desk;
New Windeco;
New Design of the Menuicons in the Topbar;
Mountscripts mounting/umounting my usb/dvd-Devices by Klick on the Topbaricon and starting the Filemanger:
Stonecrest`s great FvwmMPD is now placed in the Topbar;
A few other small changes in the config;

Im using frogbs Patches
and the Patch for rounded corners in FvwmIconman (also posted by frogb);

Thank you frogb!

Hope You like it a bit :slight_smile:

I`ll post my config the next days after cleaning up!

Greetings