Slide Show with Impress

I just downloaded and installed OOo 2.0 and it’s just superb!
The only annoying thing is that when I slideshow using Impress I still get the titlebar.
Could you suggest me a way to get rid of it?

Thanx :wink:

Style simpress NoTitle

But that causes the main program to have no titlebar. Check your slideshow window name using FvwmIdent and replace “simpress” by the found name :slight_smile:

Hmm, I’m sure I’ve seen the answer to that before, but I can’t seem to find it so it’s possible that it was on the Gentoo forums. Or that you’ll have to do quite some more searching here…

Thank you Jefklak :smiley:

P.S.

I have done a search before posting…maybe I missed it.Now we are sure there’s an answer to this also in this forum :wink:

It wouldn’t surprise me.

– Thomas Adam

I have these lines in my config (inherited from the old debian config):

Style "*" MWMFunctions
Style "*" MWMBorder
Style "*" MWMDecor

For a colleague of mine this solved a similar problem with acrobat reader in fullscreen, so you can give it a try. I don’t know exactly what they accomplish, any explanation would be welcome (I don’t know what the “mwm decoration hints” mentioned in the man page are). I expect however, that MWMBorder doesn’t have anything to do with the problem.

What is it you’d like to know? Motif apps can set hints on their windows. I had (with others) recently a discussion about this on IRC (needless to say, it turned out into an argument.)

MWM Decor hints are those that tell the client what it can display (and assuming the WM honors such things.) Decor hints would be things like displaying a menu button in the window, or a close button, etc.

MWM Function hints are those actions that then respond to them.

I’ve been very high-level – but does that answer your question?

– Thomas Adam

Found a solution to this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2005/04/msg00118.html

I am having an issue with OpenOffice and FVWM.

This is how OpenOffice looks in KDE]http://generatech.ningunlugar.org/node/884[/url]

This is how it looks in FVWM]http://generatech.ningunlugar.org/node/885[/url]

Basically, in FVWM, the option’s window in OpenOffice is cutted down, so you cannot entirely see the emergent window (options). I am not sure which options should I play with to be able to see the whole sub-window. I would appreciate any hint.

I have unsuccessfully tried:

Style OpenOffice*       NoFuncHint

Thanks!

Absolutely nothing. Does manually resizing it help?

– Thomas Adam

I am unable to manually resize the OpenOffice window. I am having a similar issue with KDE applications (options appear in a window larger than the page), but I am able to resize them.

Your answer guides me towards the screen definition in xorg.conf. I will post the progress.

Thanks!

No. I did not say that, nor is it the right thing to do. You inferred it, which is more dangerous than assuming, in some respects.

– Thomas Adam

I am sorry, I have used the wrong terms. I meant I was going to see if it could be something to do with the screen definition in xorg.conf, and it has been quite unsuccessful. I have used xprop with this openoffice window, and this is what I assumed to be relevant information, in case it gives some hints:

_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP, _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT, _NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_STICK

WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS): program specified location: 668, 160 program specified minimum size: 1004 by 497 program specified maximum size: 1004 by 497 window gravity: Static

I wonder if it has something to do with EWMH hints. This is the FVWM version information:

$ fvwm -V fvwm 2.5.18 compiled on Jan 3 2008 at 02:50:27 with support for: ReadLine, RPlay, Stroke, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM, Xinerama, XRender, XFT, NLS

Update: I have finally found the solution.

First, I discovered that the line DisplaySize in the monitor section has an impact on the size of the windows that cannot be resized. I have had a look at this Monitor DPI (pixel density) calculator and I have written the display size for a 1200x800 WXGA:

[code]Section “Monitor”

Look at http://www.raydreams.com/prog/dpi.aspx

Identifier  "Monitor0"
DisplaySize	331.8 207.3
    HorizSync    30.0 - 60.0
    VertRefresh  50.0 - 60.0

EndSection[/code]

The real solution has come for the options in OpenOffice :blush:, where you can reduce the percentage of the visualisation and you can make it fit on the screen.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have problems with fullscreen-videos with the flash-plugin from firefox?

I had this problems, but it’s fixed in the current snapshot of fvwm. I compiled it myself, and there are no problems again.

greez

scientific

Like watching youtube videos? No, I do not have any issues. I am using this version of fvmw:

$ fvwm --version fvwm 2.5.18 compiled on Jan 3 2008 at 02:50:27 with support for: ReadLine, RPlay, Stroke, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM, Xinerama, XRender, XFT, NLS

My system:

$ uname -a Linux joanet 2.6.24-gentoo-r4 #3 SMP Mon May 5 21:56:40 CEST 2008 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Cheers!

(–Corrected: changed videos to issues. Mimosinnet)

Yes, I mean youtube-videos

I have this one:

$ fvwm --version fvwm 2.5.26 (from cvs) compiled on Apr 9 2008 at 14:05:37 with support for: ReadLine, RPlay, Stroke, XPM, PNG, SVG, Shape, XShm, SM, Bidi text, Xinerama, XRender, XCursor, XFT, NLS

and my system:

uname -a Linux pluto 2.6.24-1-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Apr 18 23:08:22 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux