Taskbar on top of full-screen Wine window

The taskbar for the most part is behaving well. It stays in front of everything on the desktop when I move something under it (although I usually don’t do that; I have the EwhmBaseStruts properly configured to stop maximized windows from using its space. When I run LibreOffice Impress and go into a presentation, it does occupy the full screen, and covers the task bar, like one would naturally want it to.

However, when I run something from Wine that goes fullscreen, the taskbar is still in front of it. I suspect there’s a Style option I can apply, perhaps just to wine windows, perhaps globally, that will make the fullscreen Wine window cover the taskbar. Does anybody know what it is?

Thanks,

-Rob

Two thoughts, first is just ‘Raise’ the wine window, to put it at the top of the layer. If the wine window is on a lower layer than the taskbar (or you don’t want to deal with Raise), you can put the wine window on a higher Layer. One quick way to do this is the StaysOnTop style which puts the window on the highest layer.

What I ended up doing was something I’d figured out years ago and forgotten about… I have a couple of items in the window ops menu that let me move a window between the standard layer and the “stays on top” layer. Most of the time I want the task bar to stay on top, but if I want to run something fullscreen in wine, this lets me quickly move the taskbar manually to the standard layer.