title and icon in the same widget

from the man pageItemDraw: Display an icon and/or a string.so i wroteChangeIcon 1 $icon ChangeTitle 1 $titlebut appears only the icon… why?
thanks in advance!

I assume (thanks to the distinct lack of detail) you’re using FvwmScript here – in which case you can start by posting the full script in its entirety.

– Thomas Adam

well i think the problem is not that it isn’t possible but more that FvwmScript hasn’t an option how to arrange the title and icon at the same time :frowning:
Look :
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7056/fvwmscript0xn.jpg
and the relevant part of the config

Widget                  1
Property
        Type            ItemDraw
        Size            156 150
        Icon		mpd/play.png
	Position        3 3
	Flags           NoFocus NoReliefString Left
Main
Case message of
	SingleClic:
	Begin
		Quit
	End
End

the flags left, center and right just change the horizontal orientation of the text !?
any ideas someone ??

Yes, horizontal. Again (and like the previous poster) what is it you’re trying to do?

– Thomas Adam

maybe to have the icon on the left side or on the right side of the text ??
the think what he was planning to do (and i tried also ) to have an widget with a icon and text at the same time. in my example it’s an 16x16-icon and only when i have a widget greater then 100x100 the text is also show ( that’s why he says he only sees the icon) …
the thing is you might want to have for any reason text and an icon on the same and the man page says it works ?!

this is the script: to make it work i use 2 widgets but i know that i can use only one with icon and title in the same widget; it works only with gmail but in the future i’ll add others[code]WindowTitle {mails}
WindowSize 80 16
Font “xft:Andale Mono:size=8”
Colorset 10

Init
Begin
Do {Exec fetchmail -c > $[fvwm_scripts]/tmp}
Set $news = (GetOutput {exec cut -d" " -f2 /home/sazzu/.fvwm/sazzus03/scripts/tmp} 1 -1)
If $news=={No} Then
Begin
Set $title = { 0 msg}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
Else
Begin
If $news==null Then
Begin
Set $title = { 0 msg}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
Else
Begin
Set $number = (GetOutput {exec cut -d" " -f1 /home/sazzu/.fvwm/sazzus03/scripts/tmp} 1 -1)
Set $title = { }$number{ gmail}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
End
End

PeriodicTasks
Begin
If (RemainderOfDiv (GetTime) 120)==0 Then
Begin
Do {Exec fetchmail -c > $[fvwm_scripts]/tmp}
Set $news = (GetOutput {exec cut -d" " -f2 /home/sazzu/.fvwm/sazzus03/scripts/tmp} 1 -1)
If $news=={No} Then
Begin
Set $title = { 0 msg}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
Else
Begin
If $news==null Then
Begin
Set $title = { 0 msg}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
Else
Begin
Set $number = (GetOutput {exec cut -d" " -f1 /home/sazzu/.fvwm/sazzus03/scripts/tmp} 1 -1)
Set $title = { }$number{ gmail}
ChangeTitle 2 $title
End
End
End
End

Widget 1
Property
Type ItemDraw
Size 30 16
Position 4 2
Icon mail/16.png