Unexpected change of desk

I have the following problem:

I start Eclipse on a specified desk (using StartsOnDesk style with SkipMapping). After that I decide to move the main window to another desk. If I then open a subwindow (e.g. search…) the main window and subwindow stay on the current desk, but my viewport is moved to the desk where Eclipse was originally started. Is there a way to disable this ‘feature’?

Thanks,
Patrick

Do you have anything like ‘StartsOnPageIncludesTransients’ in use?

– Thomas Adam

No I do not have anything like that in use. The only things related to transient windows are DecorateTransient, RaiseTransient, LowerTransient, StackTransientParent.

I enabled FvwmDebug and saw the following lines when opening a subwindow in Eclipse:

M_NEW_DESK
        desk_n    2

Who is triggering this? The Eclipse application or Fvwm?

If Eclipse does this, is there a way to ignore desk change requests from applications?

Thanks,
Patrick

Try:

DestroyFunc EWMHActivateWindowFunc
Style whatever !FPFocusByProgram

– Thomas Adam

This works. Actually only the ‘DestroyFunc EWMHActivateWindowFunc’ is enough.

If I use this what else might break? I’ve read that normally something like deiconify - focus - raise is performed in this funtion.

Patrick

Nothing important.

– Thomas Adam

Ok, thanks. I’ll try to do without the function. If later on something breaks because of this I can always adjust the function so that the behaviour is dependant on ‘ThisWindow’.

Thanks again,
Patrick