Yet another.

I’ve only been using fvwm since yesterday (I’m already so addicted :smiley: ) but I thought I’d show what I’ve got so far. Mostly everything is stolen from someone else and then hacked away until it’s how I want it.

• adesklets calendar at the top right
  • thumbnails at the top left
  • Metabox window decoration
  • dock with “mouseover” feel
  • time script in dock
  • musicpd controls at bottom right in dock

Nice. Simple in appearance, nicely co-ordinated. I like it

How did you get the neat little icons over your thumbnails???!!! That is so awsome.

VoiDeR

You need to define a MiniIcon for your applications, i.e.

Style Firefox-bin EWMHMiniIconOverride, MiniIcon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/icons/firefox32.png

Then change your thumbnail code to say:

SetEnv fvwm_icon_size 90
DestroyFunc Thumbnail
AddToFunc Thumbnail
+ I Raise
+ I ThisWindow (!Shaded Iconifiable !Iconic) PipeRead \
    "xwd -silent -id $[w.id] | convert -scale x60 -frame 1x1 \
    -mattecolor black -quality 0 xwd:- png:$[FVWM_USERDIR]/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png \
    && echo Nop"
+ I TestRc (Match) Test (f $[w.miniiconfile]) \
    PipeRead "composite -geometry +2+4 $[w.miniiconfile] $[FVWM_USERDIR]/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png \
    $[FVWM_USERDIR]/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png && echo WindowStyle IconOverride, Icon \
    $[FVWM_USERDIR]/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png || echo Nop"	
+ I TestRc (NoMatch) WindowStyle IconOverride, Icon $[FVWM_USERDIR]/icon.tmp.$[w.id].png
+ I Iconify

That is aswome thanks alot for that neat little trick.

VoiDeR

Alright, I had a couple requests for my config so here it is. I’ve modified the layout a bit and haven’t gotten around to coding up a right-click menu or anything so do with it what you want.

fvwm config

Where did you get the window decoration? Could you post the images? (last screenshot) Nice work.

Thanks :slight_smile: The window decoration is my port of the clearlooks theme. I actually posted it on the forum over here: viewtopic.php?t=355