Fvwm-KISe

I think @rasat made one small config of Fancy Decor, and added this note: Inspired by FancyDecors by robinlily. In Linux, everything can be used and modified by acknowledging the author and sharing the new improvements.

1 Like

Thanks @rasat, Fvwm-KISe is in GitHub. I downloaded and now checking it.

1 Like

One suggestion, make the Work Desk button with two functions, same as Tile and OverView. To load and return.
Latest 1.4.2, Desker module has great improvement, with clean and smooth movement between the desks, and nice wallpapers.

Now it is ready. As I mentioned on the Pling site with screenshots, it is an excellent addition to default Fvwm.

Download version 1.4.2 from Pling or from my server.

The latest update is on GitHub.

Fvwm-KISe-wlogo-350x350

2 Likes

Great with new things. I think many users don’t know what those features do and how they relate to computing. There are many open questions. Make one short video? Is there an Fvwm respin? A 5-minute video and quick respin test would be awesome.

Got good feedback from a few users with major improvements and fixes. The Work Desk is now a nice working place. GitHub is updated (1.5.0).
Next, respin and video.

Major work desk improvement, window focus, updated wallpapers, and sharp and elegant look.

MAIN FEATURES:

• Desk Launcher (includes): Iconfied Thumbnails, Windows Overview, Tiling, and Work Desk.
  • Work Desk with navigation buttons and 4 Desks with 2 Pages each (Web, Email, Work and Misc. desk).
  • Icon/Application Panel
  • Task Panel
  • Calendar/Day/Time Panel
  • Auto Move Windows
  • 4-button Window Title Bar
  • Page Indicator
  • Elegant transparency and shadows.
  • Window focus on all desks and pages.

LATEST UPDATE (5 December 2023):
View screenshots and download on Pling site.
Download ( v. 1.7.1) from server.
Or from RasatPC GitHub.

2 Likes

Performance improvements and fix for Fvwm2. Improved one-click switch button for Tiling and Work Desk (version 1.6.7)

Gets better and better. :+1:

Still missing is full-screen maximize. I made a few layer adjustments so that RightPager remains at the top, able to move to other pages. This ToggleMaximize function could be added as a new button in DeskLaucher or key binding.

DestroyFunc ToggleMaximize
AddToFunc ToggleMaximize
+ I Current (Maximized) WindowStyle Title, Borders
+ I Current (!Maximized) WindowStyle !Title, !Borders
+ I UpdateStyles
+ I Current Maximize ewmhiwa

Full-screen maximizes with no window title bar and bords occupying the space.

maximize-toggle2

EDIT: Updated with new code and screenshot.

1 Like

You can ignore the EWMH working area with the maximize command, there is no need for such a complicated function. You might want to read the Manual on the Maximize command a bit more.

@somiaj Thanks for the push. Found it (Maximize ewmhiwa) with a bonus of making it better. Full-screen with no window title bar and borders. From an old topic and from another topic how to change the command ThisWindow to Current. Immediately maximizes the focused window.

Check the shared code. Updated with new screenshot.

@Mjaakko That’s great!! If pager is transparent at full screen would be amazing. Not with RootTransprent (doesn’t work on top of window) but Picom.

transp-maximize

NOTE: Firefox doesn’t full-screen maximize without title bar and borders. Chromium is ok as in the screenshot.

Problem is the sudden change of Picom setting when maximize. Without it Firefox works ok.

There is one new great update v1.7 with a full-screen and scalable wallpaper feature. I copied the screenshot from Pling, It is amazing. No depending on tiled wallpapers. :1st_place_medal:

fvwm-kise-3d-1-7-0-mini

In the new update, 1.7.2, startup tests different options. If feh is installed, it handles the wallpapers. Now tile wallpaper works on all distros.

Test (x fvwm3-root) InfoStoreAdd VER "fvwm3-root -r"
Test (x fvwm-root) InfoStoreAdd VER "fvwm-root -r"
Test (x feh) InfoStoreAdd VER "feh --bg-tile"

Kise is updated (1.8.2) with improved startup, XDG Menu, and Keyboard language switch. Also, now Fvwm myExtentions (collection of configs) works with Kise.

Example, Work Virtual Pager config (thanks @Ivar for the recommendation) in Fvwm Kise looks and works great with RootTransparent. Instead of using the WorkDesk page for all, WVP does well for small daily work. I like it.

work-virtual-pager-and-taskbar

Did you notice @rasat also included a title bar menu SendToDesk? Nice addon for WorkDesk and WVP.

sento-menu

There is a new update 1.9.0. I am glad the clumsy page indicator is replaced with FvwmEvent FE when a page changes. Didn’t know this feature still exist. :star2:

Function RestorePageFocus stopped working. Doesn’t restore previous focused window.

Sorry, forgot to style the Page Indicator with NeverFocus. Without it steals the focus.
New update v.1.9.1