Not so Common Desktop Environment - NsCDE 1.0rc21 is out.
It can be downloaded on GitHub.
Some major improvements, fixes and documentation update. This should be considered 1.0 (or maybe I will name it 1.1) without “rc”.
It is intended to be used with FVWM 2.6.7 - 2.6.9 or newer from 2.6 major branch of FVWM.
It can be used experimentally with a few glitches also with FVWM3, which is still in development, but once authors make it’s design known for final release, NsCDE will for sure support it and make use of it’s new features.
Here is the changelog:
- NsCDE 1.0rc21 release
- Localization support + first new language (Croatian)
- Multiscreen fixes
- Color Style Manager clickable base colors with frames and foreground,
improved CDE similarity
- Color Editor on new Modify Button, full CDE functionality in Color Style
- Installer modifications and improvements, more local examples: Style,
Keybindings and Menus
- Documentation update for Color Style Manager
- Fix: Use $[w.resource] instead $[w.name] everywhere because of localization
- Oasis palette consolidation, new Coalmine palette …
- README.md cleanup
- InputForm corrections and improvements
- Font Style Manager rewritten from scratch in a robust and more usable way
- Fontsets rethinking and reorganization, new fontset added (Fira)
- Documentation update for Font Style Manager
- Fix over-edge placements of pagers
- WindowList mouse positioninig with keyboard - change to center of the
- Rest minor fixes and cleanups
- Misc documentation updates