PEM's stuff

I dont have the answer but I think I know what you are saying and I have been wanting to do the same…

You want it so when you bring up your RootMenu it has the weather output as a menu list item not something that you have to scroll over and it pops up right?

yes that’s it in a root menu have a list with weather :smiley:

@UltraDiabos, Chickpea,
I know what you’re up to, guys. Actually, I intend to make a popup menu just above my icon weather when you click on it. That’s why I’ve put the forecasts into a temporary file (/dev/shm/weather.log). If you look closely to this file, you’ll see that it’s almost done and some text formating on it should do the trick. You will only have to integrate it under your FvwmRootMenu. If I got some time this WE, i will write that down :wink: Stay tuned.

@pem
I will wait for the new one,I’m just start to compiling right now fvwm,so…
A question: for using graficsmagik instead of imagemagick , it’s enough if i emerge before graficsmagick and after fvwm 2.5.12 , for succeding in usin’it??
'cause if I emerge fvwm , Portage give me the packet Imagemagic!!
Thamks.

P.S. supposing you use engage , in some of your desktop , I’m totally wrong?? :slight_smile:

@paperp
I got both ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick on my system … so don’t bother. Emerge them both.

The dock bar I use is not Engage. It’s a simple FvwmButtons with some scripts in it.

Ok!
Maybe I’ll change something in the config , later for using graphics…

So, here comes the new theme. On the front page of this thread, I’ve updated the screenshot, the config files and the notice. You can still get a hand on my old config (the one with a lot of transparency) here.

…I’m learning…really…for the moment I have to study a lot reading everithing about fvwm…just a questio…somewhere I read the function called Pages.It consist on what?? IT is like virtual desktop in E but whit th difference that you can move up-down and left-right progressively, instead than oneshot one other, I mean ,desktop to desktop, like Enlightenment??
Or maybe I got confused??

It’s a good question, and one that has been asked so many times that an FAQ entry exists for it:

http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/faq/#6.1

Hopefully that should help you. :slight_smile:

– Thomas Adam

…sorry , I ’ m not a patience man , the next time I 'll search before on myself… :confused:

You’re so dawn right … there’s a lot of doc for Fvwm. Although, don’t bother too much: if you use a config, you can rely and experiment with it to fasten your learning progress.

Good catch!

Pem, great theme! I wish I knew how to use inkscape. I would like to make a nice theme but not sure what exactly I want.

Might have “borrow” yours! Great Job!

@Chickpea:
Before creating this theme, I’ve never used Inkscape. Now, I’m quite found of it. Just give it a try and you’ll see how incredibly easy it is to use it (well for the basic things I’ve done).

@ Chickpea
Hy Have you found a way to put pem script in RootMenu ?!
I’ve been tried all day but i make nothing ehhe when you find a way please post here…
I poste here too when i find a way :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve installed fvwm whit some themes , but I’m not able to use the themes , then I decided to install your config , but I 'm not fully prepared have you any advice to get the result with less panic??

Ok , now I’m getting the themes , first step. :laughing:

Yes , incredible but true I got your theme , but I think I need a lot of experience to set everything right, some problems with xcompmgr and some problems with your menu , and terminal(mrxvt).
When I type in the terminal appears a background around the word in a different colour…I don’t know why.If helps I attach a sshot

hi

I like your theme very much,but I got some trouble here:

1.ogg123 didn’t work
==>ogg123: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.2: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

what should I emerge 

2.the weather in the dock didn’t work,too.
and I don’t know what’s going on?

3.Can you tell me where can I get the wallpaper like yours?

thanks

Yes , I 'm get solving something, first mrxvt works well now, second I see the iconified with graphics or image(Idon’t know what is used) , now I must find the way to populate the menù and convert in english…

1. Well it’s more a gentoo problem, you’ve here :confused: You seem to have a dependency broken try a revdep-rebuild or simply re-emerge curl as well as ogg. That should do it. If not, you should check out the gentoo forum for further info on these packages.

2. Yep, as I said it under my intro, this feature is a bit buggy. I’m working on a popup menu just above the weather icon. So I’ve modified few things, I will explain this when everything’s ready (hopefully this WE or next week).

3. I’ve found it on icon-king.com. It’s the site of the guys who are making the Nuvola SVG theme icon.