PEM's stuff

pem:
your wallpaper script doesn’t seem to work with png files on my system. The jpgs show up as thumbs but the pngs don’t. From looking at your script, it looks like it should handle them (but I’m no programer, I can tweak simple scripts, but I’m pretty clueless). Is there something else other than grahicsmagick required for pngs to work?
Thanks!
BTW, nice work on the new theme :wink:

tks for explain that…
but i’m not understand at all, so didn’t work but tks anyway…
i will work harder to try put this correctly…
and if you can send-me your config il apreciatte that…
tks again

@jerrybme
You’re right. I’ve set it only to work with jpg files. The 3rd line of the script is responsible of that. Actually, this script was just a fast and loosy attempt to check some features of GraphicsMagick. I intend to do a better script in Perl (on day or another). I’m learning this language for the moment and I’m still at its early chapters. On the other hand, if you’ve some suggestions, they would be very well appreciated :wink:

@UltraDiabos
It sounded that an howto was required. That’s why the explanations were a little bit long. I see that I’ve lost you somewhere. Maybe my explanations weren’t as clear as I though they would … Anyway, I’ve integrated everything under my current conf. When I release it, you will be able to pick some new pieces.

A preview of my new coming theme. It will integrate with my former theme and you should be able to switch from one to the other with a simple menu entry.

This one is quite simple and uses transparencies almost everywhere. It’s called Smokey:

very nice pem…hrm are those shadows in your font terminal?

EDIT: ok just saw that mrxvt can do that…nice I’ll be giving mrxvt a try

For mrxvt, you won’t regret it. Check the first page of this thread for info on its config.

yea it looks quite nice, two things bother me though. When I use you xdefaults i get a vertical line of rectangles down the center and the fonts are faded out, guess I’ll browse the manpage a bit

mrxvt comes with a handy tabs management. The vertcal line is where tabs are put. CTRL+SHIT+T for a new tab and CTRL+SHIFT±> or CTRL+SHIFT+<- to change from one tab to the other. I let you discover the other features (there are many).

In my conf, I’ve turned on opacity. Thus, it uses the composite extension of Xorg instead of faking a pseudo-transparency. In this case the complete term is faded as with the fonts.

Darn, I just thought I found my new ideal default terminal if it wasn’t for the lacking unicode support :frowning:

Gotta stick with urxvt for irc it seems…

(As a sidenote, if this terminal keeps on gaining popularity it wouldn’t be a bad idea to open a separate thread for it, in Other Questions for example :slight_smile: )

You did that very good :slight_smile:
I’ve been quite idle - a lot schoolwork to do - but I’ll post my new one one soon. A lot stuff changed. I really like your config file, nice pixel edit stuff!!
The icons like sound & wifi are soo nice!! 8)
Damn, time is too short for me to integrate that in my panel…

question: how did you do that vertical fvwm logo in your root menu?
SidePic doesn’t work here :frowning:

Well, that would be a good idea. This term is not the most friendly I’ve used. It kinda reminds me the days I was trying to get some X apps colorised. Xdefault’s nightmares!

Actually, it’s a sidepic. The trick is that it’s the heigth of the root menu.

[code]AddToMenu “MenuFvwmRoot@$[fvwm_theme_img]/menu_side.png@”

• $[fvwm_theme_img]/menu_up.png Title[/code]
    In a way, it forbids resizing of the root menu but that’s not a menu I change often :wink:

[color=red]The mrxvt related discussion has been moved out of this topic to The mrxvt terminal emulator[/color]

Great work, Pem! I like your new theme much better than the first one, I hope you continue to impress us! :slight_smile:

Pem, not sure if I missed this somehow but I didn’t see a config for the arctic theme. I need help on how to get the rounded corners.

Hi Chickpea,

rounded corners use a trick, and just work, if there is no other window under the corner.

Guli made a screenshot that describes this effect:
clan-hash.com/~guli/fvwm/Bug … er-bug.jpg

If you need an example-code, you might look at Gulis new OSX-milky-Theme in this forum.

Greetings, Mark

The config is great man!. Nice, very nice Work… Go on… :smiley:

Thanks, I missed that I guess :unamused:

I was irritated too by some screenshots, Thomas gave me the right hint.

Rounded corners are on the feature-request-list, you might vote there too:

viewtopic.php?t=83

Greets, Mark

sorry but on my laptop compositing i slowly. I have centrino 1.6MHz and i configure my grafic accelerator ati